Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel-Gaza: 'We are at war', says Benjamin Netanyahu

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I don’t believe that you will ever get a successful peace. The Palestinians won’t ever be happy until they wipe out the Jews, thus they won’t ever be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

There's some amount of culture change, reparations and reconciliation required before anybody gets near wiping out anyone else if there's to be a respectful civilised peace in time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

MOD: It's been an interesting exercise to watch this mini-Gaza conflict develop.

There's extremist views on both sides. Truth becomes what you want it to be. Inconvenient realities are ignored.

Most with moderate or balanced views have left, and this could rumble on for ages with no progress being made or possible.

Now,

Firstly, I want the "Hamas/Palastine" equivalence to stop. I understand how the two could be shoved together but there is a difference and sometimes that different is important.

By the same token, all Israelis can't be assumed to think/act the same either.

Using specific examples and taking them as generalities isn't accurate.

Secondly, this is a discussion thread for discussion or argument. It's not a place for insulting those who don't agree with you. There's always going to some that don't, or won't, ever. Ignore, move on.

The thread was started to be a thread for the regulars of this particular forum to discuss world events.

F&F is more a community of people with a common interest rather than a forum for the discussion of agriculture-related threads.

We accept visitors, within reason.

However, if no locals are posting, the thread has been populated by noisy squabbling outsiders and has generally lost it's purpose then I'll close it.

This is not a UN resolution with no power, or ICC adjudication with no ability to be enforced.

Improve the level of discussion!

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Hamas are the elected government of this part of the world. They were elected by Palestinians.
    After 07/10/23 Palestinians came out on to the streets of Gaza and cheered their disgusting actions.
    In my opinion it is perfectly acceptable to link Hamas and Palestine.

But as per your request I will refrain from doing so again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You always get trouble with blow-ins

Whether it's new visitors to the F&F forum on boards.ie or Americans wanting to live in the West Bank.

(that was an attempt at a joke for any overly sensitive souls out there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

IDF up to their old tricks again taking out aid workers/foreigners for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Obviously trying to scare all the aid workers out so that the famine will continue. Definitely no accident anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭deirdremf

The inhumanity of the zionist regime in Israel knows no bounds - literally.
    An israeli online magazine - 972 magazine - has published an article which explains that the israeli army is using AI to target civilians who are suspected of supporting Hamas. 37,000 of them, apparently. Suspected members of Hamas.
    If this isn't inhuman, what is it?
    Below, I've added a few quotes from the long article which explains the system in some detail. It is very hard reading - and demonstrates quite clearly the genocidal nature of Israel today.
    Despite this information, I doubt if Biden will change his full support for this murder campaign; in fact in view of various other information that has come out recently, i suspect that far from trying to stop israel, I have come to consider the likelihood that he is actually directing the genocide.

In 2021, a book titled “The Human-Machine Team: How to Create Synergy Between Human and Artificial Intelligence That Will Revolutionize Our World” was released in English under the pen name “Brigadier General Y.S.” In it, the author — a man who we confirmed to be the current commander of the elite Israeli intelligence unit 8200 — makes the case for designing a special machine that could rapidly process massive amounts of data to generate thousands of potential “targets” for military strikes in the heat of a war. Such technology, he writes, would resolve what he described as a “human bottleneck for both locating the new targets and decision-making to approve the targets.”

Such a machine, it turns out, actually exists.

In other words, this army officer wanted to design a system to help him commit murder on a large scale. Automated murder, essentially. A society that produces this type of mind is clearly very sick. A society that puts this sort of person in a position of power? I have no word for that.

“We were not interested in killing [Hamas] operatives only when they were in a military building or engaged in a military activity,” A., an intelligence officer, told +972 and Local Call. “On the contrary, the IDF bombed them in homes without hesitation, as a first option. It’s much easier to bomb a family’s home. The system is built to look for them in these situations.”

"It's much easier to bomb a family's home". Wow, let's just kill them all, is what they are saying, they are nothing. Sick, sick, sick.

the army also decided during the first weeks of the war that, for every junior Hamas operative that Lavender marked, it was permissible to kill up to 15 or 20 civilians;

Words fail me. Despite the numbness produced by the slaughter of the past 6 months, israel's depravity continues to produce even worse shocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Not even the bloodthirsty zionists can destroy a 200 series

(Taken from RTE at https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2024/0407/1442115-gaza-israel/ )

• Advertisement
Advertisement