Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds cork road

Options
  • 13-10-2023 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

The drive thru is an absolute joke, was trying to go in today about 6 and was absolute chaos

cars filled both lanes going in , blocking anyone trying to exit the drive thru or the car park and cars jumping the queue on the cork road

why don’t they have a person directing traffic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They're fast food employees, not road police.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aziz

Im not asking for someone to take a break from flipping burgers to go out and manage traffic, they could get a responsible person to manage traffic or better still, a redesign of the drive thru

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Get Real

Considering there's room for about twenty cars in that drive thru, I'm surprised individuals thought it a good idea to still queue and even block the lane coming out.

Dunno how their 20 car drive thru layout would prevent people being self centred people at the end of the day. And getting someone to "manage traffic" manage it to where? There's nowhere else to send them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...back them up and down the cork road, we ll probably wait for an accident before introducing proper policing....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Daniel son

Maybe go somewhere else if its busy? Park in Woodies and walk into the counter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aziz

Great answer,take you long to come up with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Can never understand the attraction of McDonald’s ‘restaurants’…….da food is absolutely muck of highest order…..only decent thing on the menu is the lie coffee…..and it’s the same no matter where in the world you are……same sh1t rubbery meat in the burger that loosely tastes like beef…..chips/French fries that are not cut from potatoes but made from some processed method……chicken nuggets contain about 5% chicken….rest the menu is a combo of pseudo healthy options such salads…..don’t get me started on their deserts…more total muck/dogs dinner/excuse for food….😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

There was a thing going around they are made form flour and water, they aren't they are made form potatoes. but I don't see what your comment has to do with the original post? if everybody in life liked the same thing we'd live in a pretty boring world. The food is laced with sugar and fat and that appeals to alot of peoples taste buds but it has nothing to do with the OP

And there was somebody there not so long ago in a yellow coat, stopping people blocking the road when turning left into McDonalds coming from the city direction as this was blocking the road, they then put a sign up to tell people to continue down to the roundabout and come back up and wait in the central reservation to turn right into the queue.

They will never close it and have limited space to make change the place is a gold mine so it will never close, Now if they were to put one in the Butlerstown retail park it would be a money spinner. bring on the inevitable protests now

• Advertisement

They should have 'White Coats' and be trying to divert people away from the awful establishment unless they want coffee....... 😀

Take no notice, their fries are made from potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

Show me a fast food restaurant that is any way different. Its down to personal perception. McDonalds are crap but (insert your favourite ) aren't.

I don't go into mcdonalds/ brugerking/ supermacs expecting a gourmet burger.

For what its worth having worked in the industry that makes the burgers for mcdonalds & burgerking i can assure you that their requirements for beef are the most stringent I've ever seen. Why? very simple and this was stated to us at a seminar by the head of Mcdonalds quality for europe - they serve approximately 6 million people a DAY. granted thats not 6 million burgers , but its a hell of a lot of burgers nonetheless, they will not accept substandard meat ; the risk is too big

Why are the burgers the way they are? they are thin and that's the way they are made and cooked and crucially - all restaurants are franchises so they are good ones and bad ones .

and no I don't work for McDonalds or any other fast food company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

Mcdonalds drive thru was busy at dinner time?

Their burgers to me still taste like ‘muck’ what ever they do with them when they leave your former ‘processing plant’…….burgers and chips from non branded chippers are miles ahead….

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

The layout there is a bit of a mess. Short drive through and even though car's are meant to queue from the roundabout side you still get people coming down past Woodies and turning in or waiting to turn in. Not sure if it is the case but exiting should be considered turn left only, rather than having cars exit and trying to cross over to go right, from traffic coming from the right, a lane turning in and then the traffic lane also. At the exit of the drive thru you can only fit maybe 2 cars at the exit, any more and you are waiting across the drive thru lanes in. But then if the drive thru lanes are full you cannot get across to exit so all in all it's a bit of a mess.

build a wall build a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

It’s amazing that McDonald’s haven’t vacated this location in-favour of a bigger site with better access/egress…….the site super macs got at the old bowling alley is miles better and better chips and burgers also…😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement