Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picture falls off wall

Options
  • 10-10-2023 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just after I lost my dog in 2015 ,a picture fell off the wall at the top of my stairs,it did not fall face down as I expected but was leaning against the wall.My loft hatch fell open at the same time.I believed it was a sign from my dog telling me he was OK.

#yesterday evening i heard a bang and thought it was in another room.This morning.i discovered a picture had fallen off my lounge wall (One of 12 cross stitch pictures)and had fallen behind the radiator.

I think it strange that pictures should fall straight down and not fall forward as to be flat on the floor.The picture hook is still in the wall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You for real?

Maybe your pictures need to be attached to the wall better?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ottolwinner

Pictures will typically slide down a wall.

were they all hung around the same time? Maybe all the strings have failed around the same time too.

you looked at the back of them? Update us on what the back of the pictures are like, where did the fail etc.

Are there any vibrations nearby, eg roadworks, building works, or major draughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭mckildare

I've had a few pictures slide down the wall and rest against it facing out. Command strips or masking tape failing in the heat, particularly one above a radiator. Proper nail hook sorted that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’d say it was a ghost. Or an alien.

deffo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭markw7

Might watch it again this Sunday hungover after the rugby....thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

A sudden draft from your loft hatch opening was what prompted the pic of your dog to fall.

I'd guess you have carpeting? Pics generally slide down a wall and a carpet will absorb the impact and leave them upright (especially if the skirting assists in the angle).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

how do you know the loft hatch is at the top of the stairs and how would it let out a 'sudden draft'?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Kurooi

I had it happen once, this massive maybe 2x1m painting just smashed down in middle of the night all by itself.

Turns out it was GLUED. I want to strangle whoever did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

If you choose to believe that it was your dog telling you they are ok, or if you believe it was a photo falling and landing the way you found it is also ok. No one if going to give you a conclusive answer on the internet, without detailed evidence to back up any possible cause and still they a 100% answer isn't guaranteed.

In this case believe whatever brings you the most comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ok .. family tradition.

my grandmother died one week after a picture fell off the wall in a similar fashion to the OP’s situation. My mother, stated this was a bad omen that someone would die. We all thought she was nuts.

Roll on many many years, all asleep in the house my dad was ill had been for years and a present that we had made for their wedding anniversary, an engraved mirror, fell off the wall but didn’t break.of course, mother was distraught. Two weeks later, my dad passed.

it seems a family thing. Aparently, this has come down through the generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. So you went from a picture falling to your canine. What is the connection between the picture falling and your canine?

Advertisement