Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPH V221P Detach Pro motorised valve

Options
  • 09-10-2023 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Any plumbers out there who could help me out with a question...

Downstairs heating is not working and it seems the motorised valve needs replacing. Only way to get it to work is to put the lever at the side of the valve to manual override.

My question is, to replace these valves is it as simple as unplug the cable, remove the value and stick the new one in? Or is there wiring involved?

If there's wiring involved I'd be getting a professional in. Image of valve attached.

Any help appreciated!

Answers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Unplug the connector. Move leaver to manual on. Press small release button on the head and lift off.

Reverse procedure for new one.

Maybe isolate power first (at fuse or spur. ) Turning down stat or programmer will leave you with power at the plug, but it's well protected unless you go poking something into it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chocolate peanut

Thanks for reply. I will probably turn power off on the main fuse board to be on the safe side when fitting new one!

Post edited by chocolate peanut on

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Mine is giving me a orange light, but not sure if it's working at all, downstairs heating doesn't work. If I gonna move to manual mode will it work continuosly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chocolate peanut

It should turn on when moved to manual override.

I Fitted a new valve and still didn't work. Turns out there was nothing wrong with the valve. It was the settings for the downstairs room thermostat. Temperature was set too low so wasn't turning on. Increased the temperature and then it worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement