Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Iceland

Options
  • 08-10-2023 1:45pm

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a moving company who who can help us move from Ireland to Iceland? No furniture, just household items.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭tinytobe

The experience I have is that moving companies are working with others in their respective country where you're trying to ship to.

I've used Cronin in Ireland before. I think they are still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If it's just small items like decorations, pictures and stuff like that, would it make more sense to just see how many extra suitcases you can bring with you on the flight?

Otherwise, maybe just post it to yourself over there with parcel post?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

That’s going to be an awkward one tbh because of the lack of traffic on that route.

I’m thinking you’d probably have to ship your stuff to continental Europe or Scandinavia to find a moving company with connections to Iceland. Somewhere like Norway or Denmark would probably make sense.

Ireland - Iceland connections would be fairly few and far between.

For smaller items, maybe contacting some of the companies like DHL, UPS or even An Post might make more sense.

If you’re shipping furniture, it could end up being more expensive than just buying again in Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Possibly an easier thing to look up would be sending a pallet to Iceland with your stuff on it. Ringing around the likes of DHL and GLS and they should be able to give you a rate

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement