Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your solar set-up

Options
  • 07-10-2023 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello all,

If you have installed solar, would like to share your set-up please; how many watts are your panels and how many Ah are you getting from your solar panels daily in summer/winter/overcast days? I am currently looking into solar and have a 200w laptop that needs powering; I'm very concerned about our overcast weather and short winter days..

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Shoog

Solar does very little in the winter, as little as 10-20% of summer in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

200W? You'd power that straight from the 12V supply in no time. Maybe have a couple of spare batteries for extra back-up, and remember to charge them while you're driving.

Otherwise, how much roof-space have you available, and how much space for your leisure batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I fitter 2 x 120W panels and on none sunny but bright days I am getting 1-3amps. I have changed all lights to led and run a TV without any issues, we charge 3 phones every night( I know we should charge in the day but tbh it makes no diffetrence) I also fitted a decent battery monitor where I can see the AMPs in the batterys and not just the voltage. We have 2 heavy duty batteries 110amps each totaling 220amps.

Advertisement