Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitters doing creche pickup and drop off?

Options
  • 06-10-2023 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

I am based in South County Dublin and will soon be starting a job which will involve me being away for 2 or 3 days a week with the car. My 1 year old is in a creche full time which is about a 20-25 min drive from our house. We only have the 1 car and my wife would have to leave very early to bring her on the bus and make it to work. We have no family close by that can help.

Are there babysitters that do creche runs a few mornings a week? Is that even a thing that babysitters typically do? Anyone had a similar predicament?

Thanks,

Richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

If it's only a few days a week, would the creche be able to put you in touch with another parent who is going in a similar direction who you could share runs with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Maybe talk to the creche. Is one of their employees willing to do this for a fee? When ours was in creche the babysitter was one of the creche employees. She had her own car and was happy to take him from creche to our home. She was happy with the extra income etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 The Dip

Thanks for the feedback folks. We'll talk to the creche about options here as suggested. Failing that we might try to locate someone on suresitter.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

To be perfectly honest with you I'd be looking for a closer creche. That commute is madness , fair enough if you do find someone to bring the baby.

At first I thought you must be very rural until I reread it. South county Dublin, you've plenty of options.

Jesus I found the creche 10 min walk away with bus stop to work across the road from the creche hard going.

Hope you get it sorted anyway. It's not easy juggling work and creche.

We're on waiting lists in closer creches but nothing has come up yet unfortunately. This was literally our only option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Sorry, no help here. It took us 3 years to get a crèche near where we live, so understand the dilemma. We also only have one car, but thankfully didn’t need to use it for work trips.

It's a nightmare. We naively only started looking for a creche when the baby was a few months old. It seems that a lot of people start looking during the pregnancy. If we hadn't found this creche, one of us would have had to give up our job once all maternity and paternity leave was used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Advertisement