Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on Glenageary Road upper

Options
  • 06-10-2023 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I don't know what that monstrosity is supposed to be at that turn going into Adelaide Road. Even if you're not turning into Adelaide Road, it's basically just a speedbump for the left side of your car. Bizarre.

I've been abroad for a while so only coming across this recently, I see there are more works on the way as well.

I thought the road was fine overall, except for a few potholes. Is it just me or are these excessive works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

it's part of a bike lane that will eventually go the whole way along the road. The bike lane will be that width the whole way along, and the main carriageway will be narrowed. So you won't be driving on the "speedbump" for too long. I think the works are slated to go on until June

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its just you.

The road itself needs renewal down to its foundations, as all main roads do at some point. And lets face it, GRU has been bad for a while.

It also gives the opportunity to upgrade underground infrastructure, repair leaky mains, improve the telecoms etc. And also expanding the drainage capacity to mitigate flooding into the properties that lie below the road level all along there.

Well worth doing.

Advertisement