Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland

Options
  • 05-10-2023 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know are electric Ireland giving any extra discount for existing customers if you ring them up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

They will only give 5.5% discount on existing rate. Electric Ireland are cheating people by saying they are reducing their unit rates. I'm currently on 18% discount which i received last year for staying with them, which is now coming to an end in November. They are ringing me to tell me that they will save me money but i'll actually end up paying more per unit as they will only give me the 5.5% discount, even with the 10% reduction of their standard unit rate they announced recently.

Electric Ireland are making more from their customers than last year and they are trying to fool people.

I'm currently paying Exl vat 0.3255c per unit. If i stay and get the 5.5 discount on the reduced rate it will be 0.3376c per unit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I've renewed because I don't see any better offers anywhere.

I got the 5.5% off and €100 cashback if I agreed to activate the smart meter.

We'll be getting €450 off the government as well so I suppose that all go a good bit of the way for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

Airtricity are slightly cheaper for us with 20% discount on standard meter and they have a lower supply charge. I'll be moving to them next week as EI have refused to do any better and had to be pushed to admit we would end up paying more not less, like they tried to tell us on a renewal phone call.

Advertisement