Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work realated google question

Options
  • 05-10-2023 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

So if you logged onto your Google account on your work laptop to send a private email & never logged out , so your Google account is on for lets say 4 days ,

Can your job see what Google searches you have done on you phone while youve been logged into your own Google account ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

As long as you are not logged into a Google Workspace account belonging to your employer on your phone, they would not have access to your search history from your phone.

If your phone is using your work's network for internet access though, they may have visibility of the sites you visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are asking can they see your search history remotely, or can they see your search history by inspecting your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So i logged into my personal google account in work on my work station to send a personal e-mail but I never logged out of my personal google account

So when i returned to work on Monday & i went to google something at my work station & my search history from my phone was showing up in the search bar of my work computer , Then i coped i was logged into my own google account all weekend as i hadn't signed out of it , So then i signed out ,

Can they see what i was searching all weekend on my google account on my phone,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I can't see that there's any reasonable way they could see your search history in this circumstance.

It is vaguely possible that, whatever appeared on your screen in work, could possibly have been seen by someone in work who was monitoring your network traffic. But it is very, very unlikely that anyone is monitoring at that level of detail.

The other even more vague possibility is that someone else logged into your work computer, using your work login - impersonating you, and could have opened your browser and seen your work history. If you've changed your password and haven't shared your password with anyone, this is also very unlikely.

But if you want to share a screenshot of your search history here, others may also be able to give you feedback.

That's a joke btw, don't fall for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Advertisement
Advertisement