Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs query re ferry.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

Thinking about doing this journey in a few weeks time. A friend and I are thinking of a daytrip to Portmeirion (where they filmed The Prisoner)

What is the current situation with regards to customs on the ferry? Is it only alcohol and tobacco they care about?

If I picked up food items in Bangor before coming back, would they be bothered? I'm not talking about importing vast quantities but if my wife asked me to pick up some things that we can't buy in Ireland would that cause problems? I can't find any information on the revenue.ie website. It all seems to be aimed at people importing commercially. If I had a sandwich in the glovebox would that cause issues? How petty can customs be?

If it makes any difference my friend will be driving an NI registered car.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Moved to Travel forum.

Local charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I do the trip A LOT, both as foot passenger and in a car, forever bringing foodstuff back, last time we brought back 10 boxes of pedigree markies (£1 a box in B&M compared to over €4 in SuperValu) and a dozen jumbones, less than a third of the price they are here.

Also do a bit of a shop in asda before leaving, never EVER even been asked what I had.

Advertisement