Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump noise help

Options
  • 03-10-2023 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I have a water tank with a built-in water pump, and the noise is really starting to annoy everyone in the house.

I know there are isolating mats you can buy to put under water pumps, but as this pump is in the actual tank, would a larger one under the entire tank work? Or could there be another cause of the vibrations?

The whole tank is resting on a board in the attic. It's quiet enough while you're up there, noise seems amplified in the rooms below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi, I'm not sure what type of pump set-up this is, but do you have the option of moving the pump within the tank? If so, using a nylon string try suspend the pump off the floor of the tank instead of resting on it as that should remove some of the sound which is being transferred through the base. Otherwise give us a manufacturer name and model of the tank and pump and we'll have a collective think.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭embracingLife

Is that a new build house? That's the type of tank & pump that's installed. You don't remove the pump as its built into the tank.

Dunno about reducing sound from pump but your suggestion of sound proof mats for under the tank is probably the best solution. There's similar type of mats that's used for sound proofing floors and the suggestion I'd give you is to Google sound proofing suppliers and they will give you options etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

It sounds like a submersible pump

fitted into take.

Advertisement