Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing my husky

Options
  • 02-10-2023 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I lost my Siberian Husky girl 3 weeks ago. She died suddenly on the 8th of September. I had her for 11.5 years and miss her terribly. I am looking to get a new puppy. Does anyone know where I can buy a puppy ? I am prepared to travel to the UK. I live in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2 petigo

Will try to find some and send you links.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There is a fantastic husky rescue in Ireland who are dedicated to this breed and have dogs of all ages. I know we are not allowed to name rescues here but Google should be your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Are you looking to work the pup when old enough? If so you'll need to go to the UK, unfortunately working type sibes aren't popular here. If you want to show, contact the All Ireland siberian husky club. The UK sibe club are excellent and can point you in the right direction of responsible breeders over there.

So very sorry for your loss. Siberian Huskies are delightful, I remember handling them for a while in a dig rescue centre, absolutely affectionate and indeed craving for it. Previous owners couldn’t quite handle the demands for affection, that’s why hew as there. I had been told “he’s a handful” when going to handle him, though not in any sort of aggressive way, just strong.

I found him very responsive and obedient when subtly commanded with fe the checks in the head and a little friendly gaze. Because Siberian Huskies have strength I think people try to control them with strength. In their minds strength is used for pulling weights, that’s all, so they go stronger the more resistance they feel.

They are such delightful gentle dogs! Hope you get a replacement when you and new dog are ready.

• Advertisement
Advertisement