Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright watermark Name on photograph

Options
  • 30-09-2023 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Hello. I bring a young lad 18yr old with additional needs out to take photographs. He loves nature and sports. He uses one of my cameras and does be thrilled when he sees his image with his name on it. He has got some really good images both of nature and few brilliant ones of motorbike racing which he has framed and given to racers.

This winter we are getting him his own camera and laptop so he can "own" his images. His key worker in his house is going to help him with uploading etc as he cant read or write.

We want to get him a very basic editing package where he can put his name on to his photographs. Any suggestions on how this can be done?

I use LR 5 but something more basic would be great for him. Would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Would you not try gimp or affinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

To begin with I say fair play for your contribution to him.

I think fits the bill here for you:

“This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. 

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. Life is no ‘brief candle’ to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to the future generations.”

George Bernard Shaw

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 retoos

He can add his name to photos using these basic picture editing software:

Text may be added to photographs with PhotoScape X, a free and simple photo editor. He may also improve his images using filters and effects.

Another feature-rich free and open-source picture editor is GIMP. Though harder to learn than PhotoScape X, it gives more editing power.

Payment picture editor PaintShop Pro is an excellent compromise between PhotoScape X and GIMP. It has more functionality than PhotoScape X yet is easier to use than GIMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Try FastStone Image Viewer - lots of viewing and related options, including watermarking. Pretty easy to use : https://www.faststone.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thank you all for your replies. He has his camera now and we are making good progress. He has a good eye and the house where he lives is surrounded by nature. We are heading out on Sunday and hopefully he will have his laptop in next week or two.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If you want me to create a personal signature logo and supply a png form of it just pm me and I'll design one. I'll send you a few versions with various opacities.

I work as a photographer & graphic designer.

Edit... gratis or course.

Post edited by John_Rambo on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Very kind of you.

OP .. that's wonderful what are doing for.and with that kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thank you so much. I will be with his key worker later in the week and we will have a plan in place. He has got a laptop of his own last week so good progress is being made.

Had him at car racing yesterday and he got some good shots. I have a week of at end of month and hopefully we will do a few day trips.

Thanks again for you kind offer.

Advertisement