Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll have Charlie Taylor subbing in for Nunez...yeah going with such a thin bench on WC probably wasn't the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Well there's some good news, Pool making their 5th substitution, and no Nunez - Hello Cash

Yellow for Robbo

Hopefully a bore fest in his second game v Luton

Romero yellow

Maddie off, Veliz on

Strange you think he'd keep best lads on playing against 9

• Advertisement

Maptip OG (Porro)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green arrow after wildcarding, will take that and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

61 with bps added so far, asnd still have Awoniyi, Koleosho and Rashford (2pts) to come in.

Gone from 7th to joint top of work league and into 500k region overall...

There is only one way I can go from here😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Brentford team news

Team to play Nottingham Forest: Flekken, Collins, Pinnock, Ajer, Hickey, Jensen, Norgaard, Lewis-Potter, Janelt, Mbeumo, Wissa. 

Subs: Strakosha, Maupay, Zanka, Ghoddos, Onyeka, Roerslev, Yarmolyuk, Olakigbe, Brierley.

Nottingham Forest team news

Team to play Brentford: Turner, Aurier, Boly, Murillo, Niakhate, Dominguez, Mangala, Sangare, Elanga, Hudson-Odoi, Awoniyi.

Subs: Vlachodimos, Worrall, Kouyate, Gibbs-White, Wood, Santos, Toffolo, Origi, Montiel.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭COH

Norgaard (Jensen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Finished on 44 (Estupian coming in for Botman). Started off so well with Watkins but nothing of note after that besides Saka (who should have taken a peno). Will try resist WC until the International break but Man City/Arsenal and Brighton/Liverpool this weekend and multiple flags means I'll need to think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I wildcarded. Took Saka out for Odegaard so worked ok this GW.

Now the question is do I put Saka back in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mbeumo owners can be pretty aggrieved they didn't get a peno for the Turner challenge yesterday. Looked a stonewaller to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Sterling benched ... I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sterling on the bench I see. That's surely the end of him now! Don't think anyone will own any of these Chelsea players who are starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Oh ffs....have him coming in for Botman.

No doubt he'll come on, run around aimlessly, fall over and get booked

For all the chat about Sterling he hasn’t really done anything to justify being in any team / if he was that good at finishing Pep wouldn’t have sold him - just like Jesus, not natural goal scorer and misses way too many chances. Sure he scored two against Luton - but against everyone else what has he done? The only positive about him is his price but that tells its own story in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Goals from Mudryk and Broja. Doubt anyone has them. Assists for Colwill and Palmer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Colwill my third sub, Estupinan my first subbing in for Botman.

FPL gods really out to get me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

In fairness Sterling has over 100 PL goals and has broken 200 points in FPL on three occasions. He's not the greatest finisher in the world but he's not Ade Akinbiyi either.

• Advertisement

Mudryk off injured and still no Sterking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Sterling on 65th minute.

Booked on 68th. If you don't laugh you'll cry. Can't wait to get rid this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Sterling yellow card 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Sterling on and took 3 minutes to get his yellow for time wasting. A proper wind-up Chelsea have been so far this season.

When you consider the teams he was in though. City probably created more chances than any other team that has a player with over 100 PL goals. The 3 occasions were over 4 years ago -

if you consider Son albeit a different kind of player but who has been playing for Spurs his conversion rate in the league is higher.

Sterling needs multiple chances before he scores which she would get at city but probably won’t be at Chelsea. City probably couldn’t believe someone who give them 50m for him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Look like he will autosub out of teams now as showing zero points when many players have a look at their team later. Classic troll is Sterling. At least I got his GW 3 haul and got something from the chap before I moved him out on WC never to be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Got rid of Jackson before last week and it paid off with his usual yellow and 1 point

same with sterling this week

I did however swap colwill for tarkowski 😫😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You're comparing him to an elite finisher there though, who is 2m more than him. If you compare him to Rashford he out performs him, across their careers Sterling has a point every 15 minutes, Rashford every 16. Across the five seasons Rashford has played over 2,000 minutes its 747 V 856. So yes hes playing for a worse team but hes also 1.7m cheaper this season. With an actual striker like Broja or Nkuku in the team instead of Jackson I'd hope to see a big rise in returns

• Advertisement

Yea he's 2m cheaper this year, because he's be so Sh!te the last few years - he was 12m when he was good, 10m last season, 7m this season. He has been more expensive than Son in every previous season (bar 1 when they were priced the same), playing in a team that creates way way more chances, than spurs or even united would.

Advertisement