Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspectorate report on new Junior Cycle

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I recently conducted a review of my teaching and have found that I am the best teacher in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

In line with department of education best practice I actually surveyed my own students on my teaching... then dutifully put the responses in the bin (in line with department policy) And presented my glowing report back to the class.

They too... like most Irish teachers... were in 100% agreement that it's all a sham anyway.

Can't wait for teacher assessment to roll out... I think the department has created a cohort of teachers who now enjoy watching it all burn to the ground in spectacular wickerman fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thehairygrape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

This experiment in education is a massive cluster fcuk. Many millions wasted on dumbing down education.

Its laughable what is getting rewarded in exams yet its almost impossible for stronger students to stand out above those who are coasting.

Thank god only one CBA is in place. Glorified projects that take up far too much time. I see posts up on twitter from the JCT account reposting "innovative" teaching....the same stuff i was doing 20 years ago, a lot of old wine in a new bottle. Its one massive echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭amacca

• Advertisement
Advertisement