Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gen V

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah still don't know what her endgame is. She is obviously aiming for the white House but is it for Supes to be in control or another agenda. I can see that virus be main story point in next Season of The Boys. She will probably get a vaccine made for it first and then either use it to assassinate certain Supes (Homelander) or release it and then be the Hero who saves people with The Vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Is there another season of Gen V planned? It was a very enjoyable season with a tight plot, good characters, and some nice showpiece moments. It just felt very "done" at the end. The virus story could easily fit in to The Boys so where does that leave Gen V?

Also... never EVER confirm that you're the only person that can recreate the dooms-machine as you hand it over to someone in a dark basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

It just felt very "done" at the end.

Has Episode 8 been released?

• Advertisement

Oh there's another episode to come. That felt like the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now that was a brilliant season and that ending I’m guessing sets up The Boys next season which hopefully arrives soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fantastic finale. Hard to see how season 2 can be about God U. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. The next season of The Boys might fix things up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Really was a fantastic season, very interested to see where things go from here. I didn't expect it to be this good but it seems anything The Boys related is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Excellent last episode and a really enjoyable season that got better and better as it went on.

Interesting to see how the new series is the boys intertwines.

I am guessing season 2 of gen v will

Focus on them trying to escape from new facility they are in, I would say a good chance Marie's sister will pop up in it too, I am going to guess she has similar powers maybe she is even in the same place. Is the place they are in the same one Queen Maeve was in possibly?

I'd think Cate and Sam nailed on to be in the boys too. Nice little pop up of Billy and his usual language at the end lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Completely unexpectedly brilliant season and i loved the ending. Bring on the next season of The Boys and Gen V.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was an OK episode but I think the episode before would have made for a better final episode and then this would have made for a great first episode of Season 2.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 of The Boys will be set a couple of days after the events of the Gen V season finale mid credit scene.

At what point in “The Boys” timeline does the mid-credits scene with Butcher take place?

Kripke: In our minds, it’s only a couple of days after whatever the events are of “Gen V.” We try to keep the timeline super simple because all that folding-in-on-itself timeline stuff that I think other comic book universes find themselves having to do is just bewildering for me as a viewer. So it’s all very modular. It’s like there’s Season 3 of “The Boys,” and then after that “Gen V” takes place, and then after that “The Boys” Season 4 takes place. And then after that, “Gen V” Season 2 takes place. It’s all more like cars on a train than it is a plate of spaghetti.

I half agree. I (obviously given my last few posts) thought episode 7 was the finale, and a great one at that, so this felt simultaneously tacked on but also perfect at the same time. The powers on display were great, the panic of the various humans, the arrogance of some (the PR guy in particular). Marie coming in to her own with her powers was class... blood vision, blood knives, blood/arm popping... so good. The cameo at the end was a perfect note to end on and doubles down on it with Kate and Sam being the heroes while the others are trapped. It's anyone's guess where they go from here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It was passable nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just realised Luke Riordan / Golden Boy, Sam's older brother is Arnold Schwarzenegger's kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

One thing I really liked about Gen V is that a lot happened in the first season, the plot was continously moving forward and the pace was terrific.

Nothing in it comes close to the greatness that is Homelander/Antony Starr in virtually every single scene he's in, in The Boys, but as a whole it was extremely decent.

I also am very happy that we'll now likely get alternating Gen V and The Boys. The Walking Dead did similar with TWD and FTWD, but not only were they not connected, TWD was utter dry-milked manure towards the end and FTWD started going the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just finished this.

Not as good as The Boys, but still very enjoyable and well worth a watch!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched the first episode earlier. I was expecting it to be more of a college campus comedy and that it would be the same powers on display as in THE BOYS.

it was great stuff though, and with new superpowers too, or at least one ls that I’ve never seen before. And the sinister Woods has me intrigued.

And a very likeable cast of actors. I like that that Marie wants to be a real hero, not a celebrity.

I hoping they explain the powers of the guy/girl - how was he/she a match for a such a powerful super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chance Perdomo has passed away at the age of 27 following a motorcycle accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw that, absolutely crazy 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's sad. So young. Had whole life ahead of them and then gone.

RIP to them

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement