Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No apparent Moderator - is there a future?

Options
  • 26-09-2023 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

As he intimated some time ago, it looks like Myksyk is no longer a mod.

The weekly photo 'rankings' he ran were a good incentive to post a pic.

Without them -I just wonder if the thread will just fizzle out over time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

I am still very happy to post my pictures and hope someone enjoys them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I hope the thread will keep going. Unfortunately, I have't had a very productive past few months photography-wise, so I haven't been contributing, but I'll be back.

The voting/winner part was a bit of fun, but I don't think it was the main reason anyone posted. It probably meant more years ago when you could have 50 or 60 thanks as votes on a good photo. Some of my winners over the past year or so had 7 or 8. I think the main thing about the thread is people sharing and being exposed to a wide range of styles and subjects. I often enjoy looking at photos I'd never dream of taking as much as I enjoy looking at ones I wish I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

I've been trying to post as often as possible, just to keep it going. But I'm embarressed to find that, on my own, I am posting about 25% of all images on this thread. And I've tried to restrict it to one a day, or less.

Even I'm bored with looking at my own images 😞

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mysysk is still a mod but has not been online here since early August

I'll pick it up with the CMods and Admins. I'm sure we'll find another pair of hands to help keep this forum ticking over

EDIT:

If anyone does want to attract the attention of mods or Cmods and there is no-one around please feel free to drop me a PM at any time. There may be times I'm away on one of my gig road trips, but they do usually end with a few pictures in here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Saw this and realized I hadn't posted in ages.

Must do so again

• Advertisement
Advertisement