Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testosterone levels

Options
  • 24-09-2023 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I went to a clinic a few months ago and got a fairly extensive blood panel.

Everything came back normal.

Testosterone was 14.4 which converts to 415 ng/dL.

I am 44 years of age.

Would it be worth getting a second opinion on these results. I'm thinking about making an appointment for the mens clinic in Bray. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Trondheim

What would you be asking in the second opinion? A new set of bloods, or a different interpretation of the existing results.

Your level is well within the normal range, so if you are hoping that a different doctor would prescribe testosterone replacement, i would be surprised if that works out.

If you are just thinking of getting a repeat blood analysis, i guess there is nothing to lose there. Maybe levels do fluctuate a bit.

Is it that you feel you have symptoms of low testosterone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I'm not sure if testosterone shows up as part of a standard blood test? I've got a a blood test from my doctor recently, but there's no mention of testosterone on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Testosterone would need to be specifically requested if symptoms indicate. It wouldn't be checked in a 'standard' blood test.

Advertisement