Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Friendly Options to Buy Tiles, Bathrooms Fixtures & Fittings

Options
  • 23-09-2023 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi Folks,

Need to renovate/refurbish three bathrooms and change entire ground floor flooring. Looking for recommendations for Budget Friendly yet Durable options to buy:

1. Tiles (bathrooms, ground floor)
    2. Bathrooms Fixtures (tub with screen, walk-in shower, basin/sink, toilet, etc.)
    3. Bathroom Fittings (showers, mixers, taps, etc.)

Looking for budget friendly but durable options.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Info_Seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

You can sometimes pick things up on adverts second hand for cheap, or even free. Sometimes you have to do a bit of renovation on the items, but with some work, it's not too hard to make a used item look good. You can even sometimes find them in a skip.

Tiles are harder to find second hand, especially if you want a certain type. However, I was able to tile around my bath for just 250 (200 for tiles and about 50 for grout) by doing the work myself, and the job is respectable enough considering I'm not a tiler. If you're really stuck with ugly tiles on the wall or floor, you can paint them using tile paint. This is a last resort however, as the paint will eventually chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Friend recently finished a self build and they got all their bathroom stuff from rea.pl and saved an absolute fortune.

Thanks @Caranica. Pardon my ignorance, what is rea.pl? It is not opening and showing as a unsafe page

Post edited by Info_Seeker on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Your plumber can get all the bathroom stuff inexpensively in heat merchants or Chadwick’s. They have a range of stuff from ‘no-name’ brands. It won’t be the highest quality but it will do.

For tiles, the cheapest way is to go around tile places and look for ‘remnants’, where you buy the last few boxes of a particular tile.

• Advertisement

Thanks @antoinolachtnai. Can only plumbers buy stuff from heat merchants, Chadwick's or Screw Fix? My builder prefers to work on labour only basis i.e. I need to buy all the stuff myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭gipi

Chadwicks and Screwfix are open to anyone, I don't know about heat merchants.

Check out b&q, they're advertising discounts on bathroom items at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sorry, that's who they tagged on Instagram but the actual website is https://lazienka-rea.com.pl/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

they’ll all sell to anybody. But with Chadwick’s and Heat Merchants they mess around with discounts that some people get, other don’t.

screwfix is fine too. As with all these things an 80 euro toilet just isn’t going to be as good quality as a 400 euro toilet. But it will work.

Personally I would not buy the budget ranges unless the plumber was prepared to stand over them, which your plumber is not. But everyone has their budget and to each his or her own.

everyone is always advertising discounts on low end bathroom ware.

Advertisement