Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Ireland , Uk

Options
  • 23-09-2023 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I’m a young man with 2 kids at the age of 25. I’m struggling to find a place in Ireland as rent etc is so expensive. I’ve a full time job in Ireland where I work weekends and Monday. Is it worth my while trying to get a remote job in the UK? I know here for having 2 jobs you get taxed 52% and it wouldn’t be worth my while I’m just wondering if I got the second job in the UK would that make a difference? I know I’d have to set up on there tax bracket and national insurance etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ax530

If you tax resident in Ireland will have to declare UK income here also presume have to pay extra tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You do not pay 52% tax on a second job

You will only start paying 52% tax (40% income tax, 8% USC and 4% PRSI) when you wages for the year will be above €70,000 no matter if it's 1, 2, 3 or 4 jobs

40% income tax kicks once your wages will be €40,000 for the year, and the 8% rate of USC kicks in around €70,000

A second job can be awkward with adjusting your tax credits and cutoffs, especially if you have irregular hours. If you have no credits or cutoff assigned to a job then you will get hit for 52% tax, however you can adjust your tax credits and cutoff real time in 2023 to help fix this. If you don't or worked a second job previously and did not do this, then once the year is over you can submit your tax return for the year to get a refund of any tax overpaid for a year. You can still submit returns for 2019-2022, if you ever did have a second job i would encourage you to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jos95

Advertisement