Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Agnes Wed 27 Sept 2023.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

^^ Phew! Thought it was Youghal.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Bumpstop

I was thinking that myself. hardly a blade of grass moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Don't forget the threadbans, everyone needs one otherwise you aren't a true boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I'm officially in the centre of Agnes and it's calm ish but winds will be gusty from 7 till midnight for me as that tracks into Scotland

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just taking a walk around now. Tree down on Dyke Parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Still wet and windy North Wicklow, but not as rough as earlier on, and fireworks going off. So, just normal for this time of year. Tomorrow and Friday looking a lot better with some ☀️ .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Anyone ears popping like crazy? It must be the air pressure connected to the storm. We up north have not had it bad, just blustery rain all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A new schematic for warnings is required winter summer

May to Oct

Nov to Apr

Take off 10k from all winds in summer

All sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Was that tree just growing out of the path? No wonder it fell over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

Breezy and mild here in Mayo,was fairly wet in early part of the day but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Sun going down over Clew Bay at the minute

Post edited by HBC08 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's still very wild and windy here Portlaoise, rain has stopped though, lots of smaller boughs and branches down on the minor roads .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just went out for a walk and have a few ash branches down and one tree in neighbouring field. It wasn’t enjoyable as still very windy in carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Wind has picked up in Clondalkin, Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Nothing at all unusual in the kilbeggan/ Mullingar area. Wind was a small bit blustery an hour ago, but thats now settled . Couple of showers through out the day, so thankfully it was a non event for us as we seem to have escaped a lot of the hardship that some of you folk experienced. Hopefully you never have much expense on any repairs you might have. I think we all know wind can wreak all sorts of havoc if you are in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Absolutely, same here (I'm about 10 KM SW of Portlaoise). Wind has been picking up steadily since late afternoon. The current pressure charts on xcweather show the isobars fairly tightly packed on the southern flank of the low as it tracks north eastwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Should slowly ease in Dublin now. Impressive (for here) gusts around the 2pm-3pm mark in the North Wall with driving rain at the time. House didn't lose any appendages. My hastily created wheelie bin fort held. So all good.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yep noticed that too (I'm beside Liffey valley).

I've left my window on vent and lovely hearing the wind hitting it every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Feeling the South westerlies in Wicklow now. My location is most exposed to that direction so it seems worse than the stronger gusts from earlier. Glad to see the back of this storm for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

Eased in St Tipperary now.Rain and wind was pretty rough during the mid morning and afternoon.Lots of debris on the roads and drains blocked with some local flooding on roads.Nasty for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭Northernlily

A couple of big gusts here in south Dublin last 10 minutes. Felt like the strongest of the day. Shook the walls of the apartment anyway.

• Advertisement

Winds picking up slowing for me again and will to around 70mk/h between now and 2am as that tracks into Scotland, look at all those power cuts in the east and south ,is anyone on here been effected today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Bumpstop

strongest winds I noticed just now, 42MPH gusts steady thirtyish, no rain, dark clouds.

windows rattling, house noises.

I think the pressure has bottomed out at 989, yup climbing now.

15 degrees temp.

I was out a bit earlier, no debris on the roads or trees down in my area.

North Co Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Wind picked up here again at about 7pm and is still going strong now at 8.30. I heard a loud bang and went outside but couldn't see what it was, hoping the neighbours are ok! Starting to lash rain again as well.....feels like it's not stopped all day.

Firhouse D24

Aww wish I was still living in firhouse miss the place so much , I'd say the mountains didn't really help with the gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭noplacehere

North Kildare and it’s some of the windiest all day. Electricity browned out about ten minutes ago but thankfully recovered. Have absolutely everything charging now, torches have been checked and the heat is on to bring the temp up a bit just in case (we’ve no heat without electricity). Our local electricity can be a bit random generally never mind with a bit of wind. And we’re not a town line so it usually takes hours at least to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭pureza

My roads blocked with large trees down

It's a very busy road

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Banarol

Had no electricity in my area for almost 8 hours. Just restored half an hour ago. Near Thurles. Having said that it was just a standard windy here in Mid Tipp. Nothing to write home about. The last big storm in this area was Darwin 9 year ago

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Here in west Dublin, definitely seems.loke an intensity of wind and gusts. Stepped out onto my balcony and was being absolutely battered by the wind. Can hear it pounding at the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Yip in D15, some wild gusts now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Mech1

Nothing much in D16 woodstown Knocklyon

Advertisement