Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia kids seats

Options
  • 19-09-2023 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,578 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has an octavia and has managed to fit 3 kids seats in the back,

Kids will be 6 ,4 & new born,

Has any ever used a a rivemove adaptor I wonder would that solve the issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you seen the Multimac? They’re not cheap at around €2000, but neither is trading up.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

I think the new born seat is going to be your issue. The rivemove adaptor may work on 1 side but i dont think they are designed to work with baby seats.

I know there are narrow car seats available but doudt if they will fit if you intend using the isofix points for the babyseat.

Have a read of the link attached and i believe there is a face book group that has good info as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

We have. We originall had two Minikids and a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix belted (now have one Minikid and two narrow high back boosters as the kids are older). You won't fit three in with Iso fix. There's a good facebook that lists all the narrow seats and has pictures of cars with 3 accross. The likes of Tony Kealys would be good for advice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Went through this pain 6 years ago.... had an octavia but tried every combination of seats. We couldnt find three that fitted safely in the back. Only option was one in front rear facing, 2 in back. Also checked a load of other cars (Supber, passat, suvs) and then traded for a full 3 seat mpv (carens) which held all three comfortably.

You might fit three car seats in, but they wont sit properly and you will have huge amount of frustration trying to plug in belts. Multimac is an option, quite expensive and you need to check insurance covers it.

Advertisement