Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

152 L494 RR Sport HSE Front wiper issue - please help

Options
  • 18-09-2023 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long time since I’ve posted here. I’m in dire need of some help.

We’re having a serious issue with a 2015 RR Sport. The front wipers are working intermittently at best. Once working, they are generally fine but they do stop mid-drive at times.

We do long trips each week, Donegal-Dublin-Donegal. The last trip I did, they worked fine from Dublin to Virginia and then stopped working randomly when I was on my way out of the town. I had to pull in to get them working again.

The most common issue is that on nearly all occasions when the car stops/enters park mode, the wipers will not work again. We need to get out, physically lift one or them off the windscreen and give it a little bang, whilst wiggling the wiper stalk. This works on nearly all occasions and gets them going again. (The alternative to the above is to switch the engine off, back on, and repeat the above process)

Logic is telling me that the wiper motor is fine, as once they get going, they stay going. High/Low/Auto all fine.

I’m wondering if there is a failure somewhere else along the line - either with a fuse or a relay. However, I can’t find where these are. I think the fuse is in the “Engine compartment fuse box” and is F29. Again however, if they’re working at all, the fuse should be fine.

This leaves me with a potential Relay issue and I can’t find these at all. I can’t find a schematic anywhere.

Following some very frustrating research, the only other two potential causes I can find are 1.) a faulty brake switch and 2.) needing to remove the wiper stalk and replace the dielectric grease. I’m going to ask the mechanic to do both of these regardless, as they’re cheap.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Has anybody had this issue before and how did you fix it?
    2. Can someone confirm if the F29 fuse above is the correct one for the front wipers?
    3. Can someone tell me where the Relay is for them?
    4. Is there any other potential cause that I should look into?

Thanks everyone, any help much appreciated

P.

Comments

Advertisement