Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trust in Tradesmen

Options
  • 18-09-2023 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭

I have painters in and I'm not happy about giving them the key and leaving them there on their own. I suppose I'm probably a private person but it's not possible to be here and am I overreacting?

Do most people hand over the keys without a second thought? I just don't like the thoughts of them being in the place on their own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hate it but it has to be done sometimes. I always pack up some stuff and leave it in the book of the car - financial records etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

As a tradesman myself we encounter all types. Some leave a key, get mother in law to wait in & some take the time off work.

At the end of the day you want the work done. You need to make arrangements. I can only speak for myself but time is money. I wouldn't wast a second of my time snooping.

This is where the cheapest quote isn't always best. I'd be looking for tradesmen that friends and family have used successfully without issue. This type of tradesman is worth paying more imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭con747

I'm not trying to put the scare tactics on here but there was a recent thread about similar here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058313364/what-can-i-do-about-a-labourer-entering-a-room-without-reason/p1 As @Sleeper12 said though a good trades person won't snoop and just do the job.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

Thanks for the responses. I read that thread. Contractor assured me that workers were trustworthy but he would say that. I'm gonna have to go out this afternoon so I have no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

why dont you mention that you have interior security cameras installed. Just a little white lie

• Advertisement
Advertisement