Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wisdom required: new car suggestions please!

Options
  • 18-09-2023 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Hello all, looking for some advice/suggestions on upgrading my car.

I drive a 161 1.6L Audi A3. I initially had planned to change it after 2 years (had previously kept cars until I ran them into the ground and wanted to keep more up to date this time) but here I am 4 almost 5 years later..... so I'm toying with the idea of changing, just so I'm not left with a 12 year old car again!

1. I like my current Audi so was thinking of looking at another A3? I like hatchback styles. Or are there other brands that I'm not thinking of that would be a suitable upgrade? (Something with a decent resell value for a couple of years time!)
    2. It's a diesel - what's the story with buying diesel now? I don't want to go fully electric as sometimes I travel longer trips and don't wish to be impeded by having to stop to charge.
    3. I have 2 small kids so something practical required (and with a decent boot!!!)
    4. What sort of price could I expect to get for my current car? I'd probably prefer to trade in for convenience sakes. It's got just less than 100,000 miles on it & I am the 2nd female owner.

Comments

Advertisement