Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a TV licence for a Desk Monitor?

Options
  • 18-09-2023 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Just got a TV licence notice in the Post and have never bught one.

so I don't own a TV as i don't really watch TV, but i do Have a Desktop Monitor i connect to my laptop via HDMI cable for work.

accoridng to TVlicence.ie they say:

“television set” means any electronic apparatus capable of receiving and exhibiting television broadcasting services broadcast for general reception (whether or not its use for that purpose is dependent on the use of anything else in conjunction with it) and any software or assembly comprising such apparatus and other apparatus;

now does an internet connected device count i.e. phone. laptop as technically you can use RTE Player on those.

i was going to fill out that declaration to say i don't own a tv but they do inspect to make sure .and I don't want to get fined.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement