Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workers attacked in Navan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

They were real hard men until the workers fought back. Yerman with the shovel has earned his friday night pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

Better Call Saul on the way as we speak....

Two absolute scumbags. Probably on the way to collect the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Laws don't apply to them, don't you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Anto hitting Deco with the shovel is just too funny.

Fair play to the workmen for standing up to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Why are Aontú Ireland posting this? Pair of head the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭BagofWeed

Sign in to watch the video, ffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Not relevant the the actions on the video, but how is that recorded? Is it some sort of automatic camera or is a manned security camera? It tracks them and zooms in and out. Or does it record everything and the moving and zooming is when it is being reviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

In all instances of the conflict, the workers were defending themselves.

The first lad through something at them first before the workers approached them and pushed them, then tried to hit them, and then picked up a hammer.

The two lads were adamant that there wasn't a sign saying they shouldn't approach, that's what this could hinge on in terms of claims or anything. As soon as the first lad got pushed, he was calling for the guards, even though he was the aggressor.

Hope the workers don't face repercussions for this.

Go easy on the two poor junkies. It was probably the first time any of them had ever seen a shovel in real life, never mind hold one. It is no surprise they panicked

Poor cinderella even lost his shoe at one point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Yeah, only place I could find it on YouTube, hesitant as I am to give them any oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭prunudo

Junkies or culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It is a shame. I really wanted to run it through https://bennyhillthis.com/ but it won't work for restricted videos. If it is put up anywhere else I will do it and paste the link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mikethecop

The builders showed to much restraint , they were entitled to defend themselves and could have up to the point that the lads either ran away or the builders ended the threat by dropping the scrotes.

You can only rely on your self's for protection these days folks

No. They might not have been aware it was being recorded. Without the recording, what you had already was a fella already ringing the guards to claim he was assaulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭cal naughton

The camera is positioned there to stop gougers like these two from making an insurance claim against the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'd say junkies based on the accents, swearing and stupidity. Cultured individuals would have given a better account of themselves in the fight while at the same time being less likely to mess with builders in the first place (as builders are often tough fcukers with improvised weapons to hand, wearing steel toe boots etc.)

• Advertisement

In a civilised country Anto and Deco would be behind bars and the workmen applauded. Here the workmen will probably be arrested, fired and sued and Anto and Deco giving a lifetimes subscription to medical cards and sickness benefit for their troubles.

The workmen used some amount of restraint in fairness. If someone came at me with a hammer that's attempted murder in my eyes and after i grab my shovel im going home to my family and Anto is going to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,369 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's a static security camera, probably from a shop or something. Someone is recording the computer screen with his phone and zooming in and out or moving his phone to get a closer image of the lads. You can see at about 10 seconds in he zooms out fully on his phone and you can see the edge of the screen and some of the controls. The actual view of the security camera itself doesn't change, just the person's phone recording the screen.

Think it's fair to say most "cultured" individuals despite the aggressive nature and call out videos couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,369 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There likely didn't need to be a sign. The barriers were positioned to allow access along the footpath to the shop (presumably the one that had the security camera). This is so as the works don't mean the business has to close for a few days or anything. So the barriers were set up so people were still allowed to go along that section of the footpath on the public of the barriers, but the last barrier (the one they moved) was turned in towards the wall of the shop to show the extent people are allowed to go.

The ignorant f*cks decided after a few steps that rather than turn around and use the other footpath to get where they were going, they were just going to bull on through the barriers.

The barriers should have been enough to keep them out. Regardless, if they crossed the barrier and maybe fell by accident, they could possibly have a claim. Unlikely, but possible. The fact one of the f*cks threw a length of pipe at one of the workers, I'd say everything that happened after that they have no claim for, and if anything are likely liable for any injuries caused to the workers and hopefully even criminal charges for assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Absolutely, once the hammer and shovel came into play they were entitled to subdue the threat.

Obviously I'm not going to cast judgement on what they should or shouldn't have done, It wasn't me in that situation or me who would have to go back there the next day when Anto and Deco arrive back with the rest of feral gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The problem for those workers is the potential for a gang of scumbags to arrive back on the site on some other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

No, I would not say so. Fist fighting is very much a part of the culture from when they can first stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Never fails to amuse me that these guys never think that there is cctv is everywhere. On the phone to the ambulance chaser, I mean solicitor, right away. ‘I’ve been attacked, how much can I get?’

Solicitor sees video

‘We’ll see how your criminal charges play out first.’

Pity the YouTuber had to try and link this to Helen McEntee, any criminal incident lately is her fault somehow, according to the internet. 

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The site wasn’t secured properly

I expect those fine gentlemen will find a solicitor to take a case against the construction firm

Advertisement