If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming amp + speakers for Teac TN-4D turntable

Options
  • 14-09-2023 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a single box streamer amp + speakers for Teac TN-4D turntable.

As all will be in the living room I have some limitations. Main one is the space other is the colour - wife will not allow it in the living room if it's not black.

I know, colour, but I'd rather have it black and bit lower spec than nothing.

Due to the space issue I need one box and bookshelf speakers. Right speaker will be on the 25cm deep shelf (toed-in edge will be pretty much touching the wall) and cannot be higher than 40cm, left one will be on the stand.

In terms of the room it's open space living room / kitchen with the living space W 4.3m L 4.1m + extra L 2m for the kitchen.

System needs to be able to connect to my Synology NAS.

What I was thinking of is:

Marantz Model 40n + Elac Debut B6.2

Model 40n may be an overkill for these speakers so other option is PM 7000n.

Second is cheaper, but I've heard these Elacs may need a bit better amp, also Model 40n has HDMI Arc so I could potentially get rid of my Sonos Beam.

Also 40n would be future proof and will drive better / bigger speakers in case I will move to the bigger place.

Elacs, this is max size speakers I can have and the only front ported I could find that will fit to my shelf and can go closer to the wall (hopefully).

Not sure what could be a good alternative here.

Stand, open for suggestions. Ideally H 620mm (hight of the shelf on the right), but anything +/- 10mm should be fine. Black of course and simple.

If you can break up the pair would be perfect too, as I need one only.

Cables I have already sorted, so should be good here.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the quote boruta.

That Marantz Model 40N is an amazing amp - we have one on display and it's a big upgrade over the PM700N and around that price one of the best all in one amp/streamers available. We are completely sold out of the Elacs though and I have no ETA for them coming in.

If you're looking for a good upgrade for a compact speaker with a nice design but most importantly a great sound I would recommend the Monitor Audio Silver 50. They're a little bit deeper at 272mm but the height is 282mm. They're probably the best sounding compact speakers I would have:

Let me know if you would be interested in these and I can see if I can do a price on a bundle for you!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 10 boruta

Thanks David.

I think I will stick to Elacs, hope I can find them elsewhere.

What about the speaker stand? Can you sell the single one or it has to be a pair?

I was thinking about Naim Muso Qb.

What would be your best for Model 40N and speaker stand?

Thanks for getting back to me boruta.

I will need to actually check on the stand as it was a special order that has been removed from the stock list. I'll have a check and see if we can still get it but we don't sell single speaker stands otherwise unfortunately.

I can offer a brand new black Model 40N for £1829/2149 euro though?

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

That sounds good, I'll go for it. Let's catch-up on Monday and go through the order. In the meantime if you get some info on the stands we can add them in, if not I'll go with the amp only.

Have a great weekend David

No problem boruta, I'll check in with the suppliers on Monday morning. I don;t think they make them any more but I'll keep you posted!

Enjoy your weekend!

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

I had to cancel my Teac turntable order. What would be good option to match Marantz Model 40n?

Direct drive would be great.

Budget wise around 700-750, but could stretch to a grand if it's worth it.

Btw. Model 40n is fantastic!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Boruta.

Good to hear you are enjoying 40N :)

For a direct drive turntable check out the following.

Technics SL15400C coming in at 929€

Or the highly coveted Technics SL1210 MK7 priced at 999€

Nothing really around the 700 - 750€ mark at the moment unfortunately.

Hi Kenny,

I think I will pull the trigger on SL-1500C as I don't need all the DJ stuff, plus I would go over a grand with SL-1210 as would have to get the cart separately.

If I order today will you manage to ship it for reaching Dublin tomorrow?

Also should I order from the link or over the phone as with Marantz?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Boruta.

I would need to order it from our main warehouse, so it would arrive in to us on Wednesday and then I can send it back out via DPD and you would have it Thursday.

We would supply the DPD tracking details and you can keep an eye on things.

If you are happy to proceed you can give me (Kenny) a call to the store or drop me your number in a PM and I can give you a call to finalise things up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.