Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Odd communication from oncoming driver

Options
  • 13-09-2023 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

this could be quite simple to answer and maybe it’s a common hand signal between motorists but i googled it and found nothing … so here goes:

On the way home this evening after a long drive home and now only 2 minutes from my house on a very rural road at 7.30pm, so sort of dark-ish by then, a driver coming towards me flashed at me and then flashed a second time and then pointed downwards at his steering wheel twice to obviously try to tell me something.

Any ideas what that means?

It worried me initially as i was convinced there was something wrong with my lights or wheel etc but checked after and all fine.

I had dipped lights on which most other drivers would have on at that time of evening (although he didn’t). I passed nothing after going by him apart from a hefty set of speed bumps immediately after passing him but he was hardly going to all that trouble to mention speed bumps.

Anyway, anyone ever communicated like that with another motorist and what does it mean?

Comments

Advertisement