Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

current shape Audi A8 - 2018 on

Options
  • 13-09-2023 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭

Anyone own or have experience of these ?

like the understated design but then again they do look a bit too similar to an A6 . Do they really feel bigger and superior to an A6 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Having done lots of looking at these I would say yes - the fact that they look like a bigger A6 (with a different rear end) is a bonus to me. Like you I prefer the understated look.

Assuming you are talking about buying second hand, the benefit of these over an A6 is the spec level will be higher by default, you'll get the better engine choices, and they are a fair bit bigger alright especially if you got the A8L (although parking with even the standard size will be a pain in many locations which haven't kept up with expanding car sizes generally).

You'll also get the latest tech and design which then filters into the A6/7 and subsequently A4/5 etc as they are refreshed. Against that though will be higher servicing costs as they don't share the same parts bin as the rest of the range from what I'm told.

I was looking at a 2014 one when I was last in the market, but it was during Covid and the seller was poor at coming back so I went with the A7 in the end to retain all I had in my imported 2010 A6 SLine LeMans 3.0 TDI Quattro - but an A8 is something I've wanted for a while now (but is harder to get in the trim/spec I want since Brexit unfortunately).

Advertisement