Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123ink cartridges

Options
  • 12-09-2023 3:50pm

I have a HP Officejet Pro 7730 and ordered 123ink's own cartridges. Printer refuses to accept them, and even going on the Windows update route well that apparently is no longer an option.

Before I return them and look for branded cartridges, any suggestions as to how I might get the private brand cartridges accepted by the printer?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hi you could try downgrading your firmware as the blocking of the non HP cartridges was done via a firmware upgrade.

Try this link. HP Printer Firmware Downgrade Download - LD Products

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You can't get them to work, the firmware will have updated and the data on the chip is useless. They should update them for you anyway if you contact them. I work for a competitor who would do a fraction of 123ink business and we have an in house chip updater. However you'll be pleased to know there is now versions of these cartridges coming onto the market with anti firmware chips so no more worries about firmware updates and it'll drive the price down on these.

Actually managed to get a fix shortly after posting as Irishgeo suggested.

thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭The Reader

I have a HP desk jet 2710e printer at home and my God every time I go to print anything its like watching paint dry and then the poor print quality. Can any of you tech people suggest to me a suitable replacement for this printer. Surely there must be a better model than this one I have in the medium price range . Would be prepared to spend €100

Advertisement