Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing places for kids

Options
  • 11-09-2023 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,

Our 10yrs old son wants desperately go fishing. Nor I nor my husband has experience in this area, we don’t know where to start and many places that google sends you to seem not to be fit anymore 😟 can some fishing enthusiasts please help us? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GKenn

Apologies! Of course! We are based in Citywest - Dublin 24.

Thanks so much again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

I see people fishing in the lakes in Corkagh Park every weekend when the weather is nice. Very close to you.

That’s what I was thinking too! But apparently it’s not open for fishing anymore? I’ll try that anyways! Maybe will be in luck!

I also found Killinarden Angling Initiative for kids on the web, does anyone know them maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Killinarden is a scheme to get youngsters into fishing, you may well fall into their catchment and it would be a good way to get started.

Southside angling shop will be able to point you in the direction of good Dublin clubs with junior sections.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

The cabin isn't open to buy bait or rent equipment etc but people fish there every day and I've never seen anyone pulled up for it. I've also never seen anyone catch anything though so I don't kniw what the fish stocks are like.

Advertisement