Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory upgrade

Options
  • 09-09-2023 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have desktop PC (i5-9400F ) which is mostly okay for my needs except for lack of memory, 8GB. I want to run Android studio which is memory hungry, requiring 16GB minimum.

Computer is an HP Pavilion Desktop 590 and is about 5 years old. Originally Windows 10 but now upgraded to Win 11.

It has UDIMM x2 slots

According to HP system infomration and hardware check:- currently have 8192 MB DDR4 / 26666 MHz / single channel synchronous in Bank 0 .

I am not too sure what I should be looking for in memory. I notice some vendors have only DDR5. Is that backward compatible?

Can I add another 8 GB , or do I need to replace the 8 GB module with a 16GB module

If any one can point in the right direction, or suggest what I should be looking for, I would be grateful.

thanks

Comments

Advertisement