Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

75" Samsung The Frame TV (2022) plus Samsung S61A Soundbar €1079 with cashback and trade-in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

Good for you Invincible, enjoy it. I just got an email to say mine is in the warehouse now and will be picked up, courier will be in touch shortly. Looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

I got that email from Aisling on Friday to say it was being picked in warehouse.

It was a local courier that delivered, far handier, no hanging around for half a day like some of the previous posters had to do and installer.ie didn’t turn up.

I'm sure there's a ton of different TVs with all sorts of different features and whatnot and everyone will have an opinion on what's the best.

Way I look at it the dude got a very decent 75" TV for less than 1600 quid that costs nearly 5 or 6k elsewhere. That's a bargain whatever way you look at it. Let them enjoy their purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭markw7

Rtings is the gold standard for rating and grading tvs, my opinions or his don't matter one iota.

Its a good tv (65" not 75") for sure, but its three years old now and not a bargain even when compared to last years oled models.

He can enjoy his tv all he wants nobody is saying its a crap tv, just he's 100% wrong in what he said about it in relation to other models.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Oh he's def gonna enjoy the TV, it's by no means a bad TV at all, it's very good and once he's happy with his purchase that's all that matters. But the fact is you can get a much newer and better TV for that price.

It's just for people reading the thread thinking, ah **** they missed out on some great deal or refreshing in the hope one pops up, for that price there is better to be found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Life's too short for this crack.

Make love not war

Post edited by listermint on

You can say I'm wrong all you like objective reality says otherwise, as does the best bar none website for comparing tvs.

I had that tv and a few others in my basket Friday morning I think it was when they were back in stock briefly but decided not to purchase any of them when I looked up the specs and ratings.

For clarification there is nothing wrong with the tv at all, its a very good unit from a quality company at a decent price, but a bargain it ain't.

Enjoy your purchase.

Snip

Post edited by listermint on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You are wrong, yet again.

An 8k tv is useless without 8k content, of which there is almost none.

Everything has to be upscaled, everytime you upscale you lose quality.

Native content always looks better on a native panel as there is no scaling, hence why a 1080p tv will be better at displaying 1080p content than a 4k tv.

720p content looks better on a 720p panel.

4k content looks better on a 4k panel, these are simple facts.

OLeds are better than QLeds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads stop the bitching or take it in private.

Warnings to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

A few more tvs back in stock for anyone still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 An Bothar Leathan

I got a call this morning telling me that the 50” tv won’t be delivered today! Very disappointed but I hopefully I will get it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

I ordered a 75" Q80B yesterday and its been dispatched already with delivery by DPD. Hopefully this arrives soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Had you been in touch with them? I've both emailed and rang them and been told variously that it's getting picked and will be with me last Thursday, Friday, Monday, yesterday and today. I've lost patience at this stage. It will be 15 days since original order tomorrow and unless it arrives this evening (doubtful) I will be proceeding with a charge-back

No I haven’t been in contact with them yet. The call was from installer and he said that I should be getting word from Samsung shortly regarding the new delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I hope you get a better experience than I did. I have now wasted 4 days at home waiting for a TV that didn't show

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭bamayang

Seems to be a lot of knowledgeable TV people here.

Anyone recommend a 50" TV. I plan on casting an I-Pad to TV.

I-Pad will be linked to a golf launch monitor and running a golf simulator app/game?

I got the same craic, call with no further info other than "It won't be delivered today", chasing with the number put up earlier and they've been looking into it since. Email yesterday then to say it is "currently being picked up and our courier will be in touch re delivery". Not a peep since. Invincible has been the only winner so far! The fact they got theirs i'm gonna hold tough another few days before trying to get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Probably be delivered within couple of days after being picked. Got that email on 15th, was delivered on 19th, weekend delayed it.

Got email today about delivery being scheduled. No content on specific date just that they'd be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Got email and text from installer saying they will text in a few days with time.. then hour later for text email saying delivery Friday am.. not massively confident they will appear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just for those that are looking to purchase, be aware that Samsung and Dolby don't see eye to eye, so there's no Dolby Vision support on the Samsung sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Delivered now . I got day wrong it was today it was due and came on time no issues

Ah well, the dream was good while it lasted. Just got an email from Samsing/Exertis to say "Unfortunatly we are unable to fulfil the order due to the product going EOL and stock availability" Full refund due and a voucher for 50 quid.

Booooooo

That's a shame. Presume vouchers for Samsung store.

Wait in earnest to see what contact comes

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Just got 50 inch BU8500 delivered. Ordered on the 18th. Current tv broke so it was timely ! Thanks again OP.

Ok I'm annoyed now, was taking the attitude of "ah well, stock mess up, fair enough it happens" BUT that's 2 people now that ordered the BU8500 after I did and received it.

I have receipt saying I ordered on the 9th - Kodak you ordered on the 18th. Now this is a big ask I know but would you Kodak, or RightPlace2016 be willing to send me on a screenshot of your receipt for when you ordered (blank out names etc)? I'm gonna go back to them and ask for something better than the 50 quid voucher (hey worth a shot right).

• Advertisement

I also ordered on the 9th and got a cancellation email yesterday evening with a €50 voucher! Disappointed isn’t even close to describing how I feel now after being told that I would have my tv after I spoke with them last week! I’m not giving up just yet however!

Advertisement