Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UKSCA

Options
  • 08-09-2023 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Thinking of starting a course with UKSCA doing an S&C course for my own personal interest. Anyone advice or expierence with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

I've held the CSCS accreditation and done parts of the UKSCA coursework as part of my Masters.

My honest opinion is that unless you need a cert to get a job, it's not worth the time/money.

Coach as many people as you can. Learn the rest from books, podcasts, talking shop with other coaches, and relentlessly challenging your biases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

Thanks for the reply. I will take it on board. This will not a career or even a part time gig. I am stuck training a few underage teams and I was hopiing to tie it into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Jim Wendler and Zach Even-Esh are good resources for youth S&C

Advertisement