Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Decks 4x01- 'Twovix' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
  • 07-09-2023 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 4x01- 'Twovix' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that was a Easter egg packed episode I must say. I was not expecting to see Voyager so early in the season so that was a surprise and then the Macro Virus and then it being assimilated lol. Also the Clown and some from Fair Haven too lol. They fitted a lot in maybe a little too much. It seemed kind of rushed at the end.

Nice to see a few promotions too do on the Cerritos and the Vulcan there as well.

I will say it was not the funnised ever episode of Lower Decks do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

Fun Easter egg episode. Didn't know we where getting 2 episodes today.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Yeah, that was a fun episode. Pity though, I was somewhat hoping there might be a sneaky crossover with SNW in this season, but seems to be set after that episode in the timeline. Loads of really fun call outs, and Voyager looked amazing!

Ms

Me either. Don't mind do. I watched one this morning and am in no hurry to watch the next one. Whenever I feel in the mood for watching it I will watch it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 curlie-wurliexx

Where can I watch this, has it moved from prime to paramount?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The old threads of Mariner's behaviour (and moving on from it), the gang staying together etc etc are all there, but the main plot took a fairly sudden and fairly dark twist. But still a nice dovetail into Picard's season 3 museum and homage to Voyager.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was alright, kinda a good reminder of lower decks. Also kinda missed Prodigy a bit.

Liked the ending with the Klingons. Felt so much like III until the power dynamic shifted. Guessing that's setup for episode two.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Fun seeing Voyager again.

Anyone know what the cylinder shaped ship that they added to the Borg cube credits scene is?

Noticed T'Lynn had a provisional ensign rank pip. Missed opportunity to have her dressed her in an ugly ass grey sweater.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Anyone know what the cylinder shaped ship that they added to the Borg cube credits scene is?

It's the Probe ship out of Star Trek iv The Voyage Home.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

A decent episode. I'd agree perhaps overloaded with references but the setting of Voyager as a museum justifies them. For an episode that highlighted Voyager so much I was surprised there wasn't a guest star from the cast. I was certain the EMH would get activated at one point when things started to go crazy aboard Voyager.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

That was good :). Voyager looks great.

Ship at the end looked a bit familiar? Do we know what/who that was?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It looked familiar to me too, but I suspect I'm just recalling it from the series trailers. It's most likely an original creation, but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

Looking at it again, I think it's just reminding me of "Slave One", Boba Fett's ship from Star Wars. Quite similar.

The colours and details have me thinking Xindi though. Which wouldn't surprise me from Lower Decks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Aspects of it remind me of the future human ship NX-01 found.

Janeway murdered Tuvix, it's canon

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The fiend! Mrs Columbo will track her down. Kate loves a mystery...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

That was fun, good to see Voyager again. It honestly didn't feel quite as strong an episode as I would have hoped, moving perhaps too much into fan-service just for the sake of it. Compared to "Hear All, Trust Nothing" (The DS9 episode) for example.

(Points should be awarded for recognition of what I have always considered to be Janeway's greatest crime!)

Personally I thought season two was where Lower Decks peaked, so far, but we're barely 30 episodes into the show so lots of potential to meet, and even beat, that standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I particularly enjoyed that aspect of the episode with the Cerritos crew's shocked reaction to Janeway's "solution" to the Tuvix problem.

Something occurs to me. The whale probe appears in the intro, usually meaning it's something from the season.

The mystery ship interferes with and shutdown other ship systems, just like the whale probe did.

Co-incidence or did they spoil the season arc in the intro?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Could someone explain why T'Lynn is wearing Maquis rank insignia instead of corn pieces.

At first I assumed it was just because this is season 4 and it was a movie 4 reference but maybe someone is using whale tech.

Evil Boimler

She's still officially assigned to Vulcan high command, just provisionally assigned to Starfleet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah I'm never sure how Vulcans work in the Federation given they still have their own fleet; keep meaning to look that up.

Really enjoyed that episode, full of Easter eggs sure but they used them well and leaning into one of the show's most infamous episodes as the A Story was ingenious - not to mention the cheeky way to basically side step its moral dilemma. Just create a barely sentient blob you feel no remorse about separating lol. A Borg salamander was just too funny.

Also, promotions no less; glad this nominal sitcom is trying to move its characters' careers forward.

Star Trek has never really figured out if Starfleet is the "be all and end all" fleet for Federation worlds or a sort of FBI/CIA style multi border group with local level fleets looking after local stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Rawr

The “lozenge” rank indicator indicates “Provisional” rank, which is what the Maquis crew-mates got in Voyager, but appears to be a default rank function for when people are cashiered into Starfleet from other organisations. It is interesting to see it here in Lower Decks.

Interesting that T’Lynn gained an upgraded rank but still remained “Provisional”. I guess her whole Starfleet commission itself was provisional regardless of rank, and was likely the status of the Maquis on Voyager until they got home.

I still wonder why Tom Paris didn’t get a Provisional rank, since he was cashiered in from jail due to joining the Maquis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Rawr

I kind of suspect that the Federation is sort of like the EU. Each member world are still independent states have their own fleet and organisations, but also pool together for Federation functions such as Starfleet.

Advertisement