Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

talbot hotel

Options
  • 06-09-2023 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

I cant seem to get a straight answer from the talbot hotel. Its about the ev chargers in the car park. they are easygo chargers and according to the hotel they are available to the general public. My understanding is in wexford if you are charging at these ev chargers you do not have to pay and display parking, unless you are not charging.. Talbot hotel says the car park is pay and display. Has anyone used these???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

I've not used them, but the Talbot website is pretty clear that the car park is pay and display, but complimentary for guests who get a permit from reception.

I imagine the same extends to parking in the EV spaces, and it's worth noting that it seems to be operated privately by them as opposed to being a council one, so even if there is a general policy for this elsewhere in Wexford of not paying for parking while using (for example) an ESB charging point, the hotel are free to charge those without a permit for parking in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I haven't used them but in general parking while charging is free on public parking spaces which are administered by the County Council

Private car parks like a hotel can do whatever they want and will often still charge for parking when you are charging

It might seem mean but it's an unfortunate necessity, a lot of places that gave free parking for EVs charging found it got absurd, people would plug in for the day and not charge so they'd avoid paying for the parking

From looking at the hotel website, it looks like parking is free for overnight guests but is paid for visitors, the same should apply to EV charging

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

IVE been on to the hotel and they say the chargers are for public use also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

run by easygo so their prerogative, so not free and why should it be, only way it would work is for easy go to give free charging fobs for hotel guests and you don't even need to be Dumbo to see where that would go

not free in carparks in Nenagh with TCC, it would have meant changing the bylaws and then the CP revenue stream would have been reduced for the reasons out ready outlined by scummy freeloaders

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

The charges are for public use, but you have to pay and display to use them as a member of the public. Its a privately owned car park so definitely not going to let the pubic use them for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I charged in the hotel car park weekend before last for about 5 hours.

I just parked at one of the 4 chargers. Started it up and went into the hotel reception and asked could I have a card for the window so i didnt have to pay charges. She just handed card to me with a date and time stamped in it. I put it on the car dash and went off for the day.

Ive done that twice now at the talbot hotel and havent had to pay for parking while charging.

Advertisement