Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spouse nagging....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

it's kind of impossible to give advice if we don't know what the "nagging " is about ,

Like is it random out of the blue pointless nagging or is it that your not pulling your weight in the house ,

I'm not suggesting its your fault , i'm just pointing out its next to impossible to give advice when we don't know the cause of her nagging ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭brokenbad

The fact that the O.P had to come on boards.ie to vent his frustration about nagging says a lot about the relationship with his spouse....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

@brokenbad the whole point of the PI forum is to provide a place for posters to come for advice. Please do not deride posters from using the forum for that purpose and read the Charter before posting in PI/RI again.

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If this has been ongoing during your marriage I'd definitely recommend counselling for you both , if you prefer ,see one yourself to get advice first . But it's obviously an untenable situation. Are there work / family problems you are aware of.?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I do more that my fair share in house, its just apparently I do everything wrong...always.

If you "fair share" is you half doing a job that you wife has to revisit, then either; you are half-assing it, your standards are too high, or her standards are too low.

Firstly, you should have a honest (really honest) look at the situation. If you are at fault, it's really on you to fix it. You wouldn't accept young lads at work doing a half-added job that you had to re-do every time. On the other hand, if the standard are unrealistically high, then discuss it with your wide, that it's not worth the effort to go to X, but she can if she wants.

Most likely there is not one side at fault. You are probably not doing as much as you should, and she is probably nagging a bit much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Honey50000

I looked at this blog its terrible and does not give good advice in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Important to test the reason for the nagging.

For 3 weeks solid, consistently write down (mentally) ALL the complaints and respond by resolving each with no argument, delay or protestation. Clean the slate. Bite your tongue and smile through it.

Then see does the nagging level reduce or indeed stop. If yes, you need to note that your behaviour has contributed.

If it continues or stops briefly before moving to new topics, it's habitual and her issue.

Give her 2 months to change then lawyer up.

Advertisement