Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pint of Guinness and a bottle of Heineken: €11.80

Options
  • 05-09-2023 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Sorry Moderators: I put this in the Feedback section by mistake. It should be in this section.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

I visited Dublin from Connemara last Friday and went to a pub in Killester.

I ordered a pint of Guinness and a bottle of Heineken.

Cost: €11.80; to say I was shocked is an understatement. This is robbery - no other words describe it. It is also unsustainable for the customer. I won't be back. I haven't had a pay rise since the early noughties.

This anti-Irish, evil government, with its high tax on alcohol, is either trying to make us all emigrate or to have us stay at home to watch the Late Late Show so that we get brain-rot and end up as zombies. The pubs are also getting their cut, of course. And don't lecture me about Temple Bar - it is a corrupt area that fleeces dumb tourists.

Pubs, especially in rural areas are closing one after the other. I remember when the drink-driving law was changed to reduce alcohol amounts while driving, the politicians were on radio promising to introduce a mini-bus service to get customers home from the pub. As usual with scum politicians' promises - no service was set up - anywhere - as far as I know.

Rural Ireland is dying rapidly, with the old, especially, staying at home because they can't get home at closing time, with depression and loneliness being huge problems.

Incidentally, I was not given a receipt in Killester. Embarasment on the part of the pub?

Comments

Advertisement