Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway bay fm

Options
  • 04-09-2023 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Where is molly in morning gone to, is he coming back to galway bay?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

With the help of God he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

Fun fact: "Molly in the morning" would mean having some MDMA (Ecstasy) in the morning in some parts of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Hadn't he handed in his notice to do some freelance work just as Covid hit, and came back fairly quickly.

I wonder were his plans just delayed because of Covid, and now he's giving it a go?

Used enjoy him in the morning. Haven't really listened to Galway Bay FM since he left

Edit:

Just saw a job advertisement on Twitter for a morning radio presenter on Galway Bay FM. Presume that's for his replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Kinda linked, noticed the newsreader is doing the sport on the breakfast show now. No separate presenter like ollie used do. So maybe a new programme is in the offing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The new morning show host will be Garry Curran.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18 00s anorak

Surprised that it hasn't been mentioned here that Keith Finaghan announced a couple days ago that he his "retiring" at Easter, I didn't know that he had stood down as CEO in spring 21, I guess all the Covid mania in the news at the time put that under the radar. It's never easy staying on as a presenter after stepping down as boss, just ask John Clarke!

Keith left the CEO role and now he's leaving altogether.

Katie left

Molly left very abruptly and there was never a mention of it at the time or since

There was a new girl in the afternoon last year, Barbra something or other, an Irish surname and she disappeared overnight without mention.

Ollie is looking to run for election.

Something smells of unrest of some sort in the camp.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Who is running it now?

• Advertisement

Cormac O Halloran is the CEO, it's owned by The Connacht Tribune Group.

Truth be known though, it's run by the GAA ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

It’s a very poor channel … hasn’t modernised at all . Bar the sport offers very little .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The guy in the morning before 9 is a million times better than the lads before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not sure I would agree it hasn't modernised obviously being local radio they will aways have to play to the audience but it's definitely infinitely better than it was.

Post edited by Homelander on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,394 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dunno, nothing has really changed in 24 years

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

More like 35 years...started as radio west in 1989 changing to Galway bay FM in '93

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

That's the sense I have of it as well. That presenter on Saturday or Sunday morning playing country and western has been doing that for as long as I can remember. I presume the market is strong for it and they have done the research. it takes her about 10 minutes to get all the requests for one song and seems to talk like we are a bunch of hillbillies out cutting the bog.

I can't recall Keith himself asking tough, tough questions of anyone. It was always 'How are Ya Tommy ?' Again they must have spent on the research but I can not recall any change in that programme in the last 50 or 60 years he has been presenting it. No change of presenter has been needed or called for from anyone as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've not seen the stats, but have been told that radio is pretty much a dying medium: the kids are all streaming the music they want, and improved literacy means that having the death notices read out isn't as important any more.

So I wouldn't be expecting any innovation.

Post edited by Mrs OBumble on

Advertisement