Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 NFL season - Picks thread (MOD Warning - Post #59)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens

Packers v 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions

Chiefs v Bills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Ravens, 49ers, Lions, Chiefs. Go Pack go.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

174 & 104

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens

Packers v 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions

Chiefs v Bills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

185 - 93

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens

Packers v 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions

Chiefs v Bills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

174-104 coming in:

Texans v Ravens

Packers v 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions

Chiefs v Bills

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

I feel like there a still a couple of shocks on the cards this weekend - no idea which it will be so here goes nothing....

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens - Texans

Packers v 49ers - 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions - Lions

Chiefs v Bills - Bills

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

174-104

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens 

Packers v 49ers 

Buccaneers v Lions 

Chiefs v Bills

I was very very tempted to pick the packers against the niners.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens

This could be a bit closer than people expect. Houston came out with a great gameplan last week and dominated what was one of the best defenses in the regular season.

Baltimore will be under a huge amount of pressure given Lamar has one only one playoff game so far in his career. If they don't win this one there will be huge questions to answer.

Realistically The Texans will be up against it here. Their strength on offense doesn't really match up well with Baltimore. The Ravens have an elite defense and are particularly good against the deep pass, which is where Houston normally has success.

If there is a weakness there it is in the run game so Houston would need to profit there to have any chance. I could see them causing the ravens some problems early, but without some of their key players and the Ravens ability to win in so many ways it would seem a step too far for Houston.

Baltimore to win

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

There are several similarities here in the late game but you feel the packers offense will fancy their chances of putting up some points. The 49ers defense has been good this year but it hasn't been at the level of the defenses they've put out the previous few years.

I feel the 49ers are vulnerable against a good rushing attack and Green bay will need to run the ball well if they are to stay in the game. If Aaron Jones and co and find success it will open things up for Love in the passing game. The 49ers secondary has been good but if you can get them into nickel and have Amby Thomas on the field they are a bit more suspect.

The packers offensive line is very good so SF will need a big game from the pass rush, but again that is all neutralized by a solid packers run game.

The problem for the packers is the other side of the ball, their defense is just not good, particularly defending the middle of the field, against running backs, TE's etc. Their linebackers are not good in coverage and unfortunately for Green Bay that is exactly where SF like to attack.

I can see Green Bay playing well on offense but I just don't think they will get enough stops. Their best shot will be to try to have very long drives and hope for a turnover or 2 but personally I see the 49ers winning this in the second half, like the Ravens there are just too many ways they can win.

49ers to win

• Advertisement

174-104

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens 

Packers v 49ers 

Buccaneers v Lions 

Chiefs v Bills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens

Packers v 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions

Chiefs v Bills

171 107 after 3 3 last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Divisional Round

Texans v Ravens 

Packers v 49ers

Buccaneers v Lions 

Chiefs v Bills

Brave of you picking the Ravens 2 hours after the game started.

4/4. A100% success rate. Probably the greatest prediction round performance in history!!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

xx

2-2 for the weekend. Texans never really were in it against the Ravens and the Bills inability to stretch the field was their achilles heel - I get the feeling Josh Allen will always come up 2nd best against Mahomes.

• Advertisement

Conference Championships

Chiefs v Ravens

Lions v 49ers

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

Got 3 right last week so on 177 & 105.

Ravens and a Lions upset this week

This is the most difficult round to pick but I will go with the 2 home favourites, a Ravens vs 49ers Super Bowl.

I am going to go double upsets this week with away teams shocking the #1 seeds and a Lions - Chiefs Superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All four teams are being written off!!!

178-104

Conference Championships

Chiefs v Ravens 

Lions v 49ers

188 - 94

Conference Championships

Chiefs v Ravens 

Lions v 49ers

Conference Championships

Chiefs v Ravens 

Lions v 49ers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

177-105

Chiefs v Ravens

Lions v 49ers

Really rooting for the Lions but just can't pick against the 9ers here.

Advertisement