Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculation question-Renovation of dwelling with more than 25% of the surface of dwelling envelope?

Options
  • 04-09-2023 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I note on my BER Home Energy Upgrade Advisory Report the following:

"1. Major Renovation is defined in the Building Regulations Part L Technical Guidance Document and means the renovation of

a dwelling where more than 25 % of the surface of the dwelling envelope undergoes renovation. Where a dwelling

undergoes a major renovation, the energy performance of the whole dwelling should be improved to the cost optimal level

by achieving a B2 or by implementing the energy performance improvements as set out in the Building Regulations Part L

Technical Guidance Document."

How is 25 % of the surface of the dwelling envelope calculated? What constitutes the envelope? Roof, Walls, Doors, Windows?

Where could I get more information on this?

Thanks

PH

Comments

Advertisement