Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW5 transfer thread - some WCs being activated this week

Options
  • 02-09-2023 8:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Richarlison out for Maddison, 1 week too many for Richarlison.

Leno/Onana could do with a re-jig.

Tarkowski has to go, thought Dyche with a full pre-season could have done some good there.

Might go 3-5-2 which means upgrading Nakamba(Sterling/Rodrigo) and downgrading Wissa(Archer).

I may pull the WC trigger this week myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I too have been looking at WC as my team is bit of a mess.

3 chelsea lads - is chilwell worth the money? He was taken off on 61 mins today when they are losing… Jackson lad just doesn’t take his chances - reminds me of Sterling at city. Gusto at 4m is obv a keep.

TAA needs to go, Gakpo has done nothing and jota well he’s done ok but minutes are a worry.

Rashford and Martinelli haven’t really done much for their price tag.

pickford in goal says it all really.

now the only thing kinda stopping me is who do I really want to bring in? Do we need both Son and Maddison? What if Salah gets 12+ points tomorrow and stays in the league - is he with having.

players potentially looking to get in midfield - JWP, Son, Maddison maybe Bruno and Saka, up front be Haaland Alvarez and Awoniyi - but then I’d have benching headache so do I just bring in Archer and always bench him? Mbembo another option or mitoma- just so many but feel like with WC want to get higher price players in as easier to downgrade then upgrade

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gusto at 4m is obv a keep.

Is he?

He was the proper transfer in when James got injured, but James should be back after international break.

Well yea I guess when James is back he may lose his place but there is every chance James will get injured soon after - it’s what he does, plus as we’ve seen most matches there is no guarantee that he’ll play the full 90 anyway - chilwell for instance is nailed but hasn’t completed 90 mins yet - suspect James could be the same - for 4m there is no real downside with him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was going to switch out Bowen this GW but maybe Saka is on the chopping block now instead.

Lots of options in terms of incomings, it's just about picking the right one.

Nunez is making a case too.

Looking like Son will rise tonight. Very risky to pull the trigger, given it's a 2 week break to the next games but he is playing up front and a double up against SHU is very tempting.

Edit: South Korea's games take place in Wales, and Newcastle and are friendlies. No long haul flights, just the injury risk.

Post edited by Fitz* on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sterling last week, son this week

brought in sterling, somehow blanked but jackson had a lot to do with that

not going near son till I see more, one good week doesn't really cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

I know all good advice points to not using my free transfer early in the international break but Jackson is just not after providing the returns I was hoping for when I brought him in at the start of the season and Alvarez is predicted to rise in price soon and is looking like a very good partner for Haaland so made the move already. Jackson out Alvarez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I raged transferred Richarlison on Saturday, Anthony Gordon came in.

5.5m and Newcastle have great fixtures. Has started every game and I think after the doing Howe got for taking him off v Liverpool hes more likely to get 90 minutes from now on. Looked great v Liverpool and Brighton, but for poor finishing he could have returned v Brighton

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Thinking of letting Richarlison go too.

Will mull it over for the next two weeks.

Think Maddison is the safest bet at Spurs.

Son will be at risk of minutes if he’s starting up front as Postecoglou seems to take his striker off at the 60-70 minute mark.

Son was taken off at 70 minutes against Burnley.

I currently have a strong front 8 so I may drop Richarlison down to a 4.5m and that will leave me with 4.3m in the bank.

Don’t think money will come into it this season with everyone being so cheap.

There was a position change for Son in GW4 for his haul too, and he could well start as the CF against SHU again as Richarlison will be playing in Peru in the midweek before that game. Richarlison's also not in form.

Son's minute's risk is one that I was not aware of, good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

I don't think Son's minutes are at risk. Club captain and was probably taken off as he had just bagged a hat trick at that point.

I hear ya but Postecoglou has taken off the striker in every match so far with 20-30 minutes to go.

It may be because the amount of work his striker has to do. Something to be aware of and to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

As someone holding both Son and Richarilson, the former isn't really a concern at the moment!

I have them both too but if Postecoglou is taking his striker off after 70 minutes, in every game, I’ll soon own neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

You'll have to factor Johnson into the mix too. They've forked out quite a bit for him so he'll get game time as a striker or on the left wing which could impact Son's minutes.

Spurs have been notorious for forking all money for players only for them not to really play much. I wouldn't be worried too much about Son's minutes in that regard. Given form I would be more concerned about Ricky's minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Ah I don't think Brennan Johnson will eat into Sons minutes. Johnson just isn't very good. A poor mans Watkins and that says a lot. A strange singing from Spurs with hints of desperation.

I'll be pulling the Trigger on my Wildcard I think after the international break . I desperately need to get Maddison / Odegaard in for a start along with another scoring striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tell us about the similarities you see between Watkins and Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Both have 7 letters. 5 consonants and 2 vowels. Being mid priced attackers, you always feel grateful when they return. It’s hope more than expectation.

What would people’s thoughts be on Rashford/Bruno- is one a must have or better options available - United feel disjointed and have all sorts of off field problems with Sancho and Anthony. Defensively I don’t even know whose fit to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've sold Rashford but him and Bruno are the players I'm most worried about for the next few GWs.

If I had both I'd sell one, United are playing awful and seem to be down to Pelestri or Garnacho, who both have done it in patches but you couldn't hang your hat on either doing it regularly.

Defensively I said at the start of the season that I wouldn't touch them, it'll take time to get used to a keeper like Onana, they've since lost Shaw and Varane. They also dont seem to know who is playing beside Casemiro, Wolves destroyed them, Spurs and forest for the first 10 minutes looked like they could get at them. They finished up with Maguire and Evans v Arsenal. No case to be made for a defender IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

I had both at start, but got out of Rashford, Bruno on penalties and more assured of start.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Fair enough on the penalties but there isn’t even a 1% chance of Rashford not starting I don’t think.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Pulled the trigger. Mainly moving out arsenal mids, Rashford & Watkins.

Leno

Chilwell, Saliba, Estupinan

Mbuemo, Son, Maddison, Salah, Rodrigo

Haaland, Alvarez

Subs: Rodák, Semenyo, Andersen, Van Hecke

Interesting comments from Ricky - basically have off field problems and going to get psychological help when back in England

Laughed at the first bit for sure, but not sure the 2nd part holds up. 60 attacking returns in last 3 seasons is very good going. More than guys like Saka, Foden, Rashford, Grealish in same timeframe. Only 6 less than Bruno.

I own both and don’t think I’ll get rid. The fixtures are too good, and we’re still at that stage of the season where things are changing really quick and nobody is actually reliable yet. Someone like Son is very fine to move to but if same had been suggested going into GW4 you’d be looked at as if you had multiple heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Im thinking of playing a wild card

Thinking of changing from

Ramsdale ,Areol

Saliba,Estupinan,Gusto,Konate,Bell

Salah,Saka,Rashford,Mitoma,MAcAllister,

Alvarez, Haaland,Munbma

Chanign it to the below with 1.8 milllion spar,e

Becker ,Areola

Saliba ,Estupinan Gusto,Romero , Ball

Mbeumo,Saka,Son,Mitoma, MAddison

Alvarez, Haaland , Ferguson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

3 dilemmas this week.

• Start Turner over Onana - leaning towards starting Turner although plenty talk he mightn't play due to wife having a baby. Onana nailed so not the worst.
    • Start Colwill over Gabriel - leaning towards Colwill which means double Chelsea defence along with Chilwell. Gabriel gone for me after this GW regardless but mins still a risk?
    • Bank a transfer or not. I'd like Son but realistically have to get rid of Saka or Rashford and don't fancy getting rid of either right now with their fixtures. Fernandes, Mbeumo & Foden the other 3 midfielders I don't fancy getting rid of right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Still at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Currently playing Gusto so would like to upgrade that 11th man, either him to Udogie or a 4.5m striker to become Alvarez. Also have a hankering for upgrading Mitoma to Foden as I've been very impressed with him so far.

Advertisement