Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter exchange and Isolator issue

Options
  • 31-08-2023 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some guidance or feedback as I'm a bit confused between what ESBN is telling me and the EV charger is telling me. I'm not the best at this so some lingo may not be exact but will try my best.

Anyway I got my EV charger installed in May. The installer installed an EV Distribution box, an isolator switch and the EV charger.

At the moment I'm trying to get my smart meter to change to a day and night. ESBN called out, took a look and said it is not within their code/guideline so therefore would not touch it. Specifically he was highlighting that the he should only see 2 wires going into the meter and on the other end of the 2 wires, there should be an isolator (??) - See below diagram from ESBN guide.

I did some comparison and the closest I see is the above marked in red should be changed to an isolator (??)

I got the EV installer back to look at it and I was told that there is no issue, the way they have installed it is normal to use Lucy Connector Block. He admit that it could have been a bit tidier so he rejig it for a little bit more space (I didn't take a photo of the adjusted position). All wiring etc are still the same. The EV installer said that the isolator from the ESBN guide is not part of their responsibility, because it need to be installed and tag by ESBN when they do the meter change. This is evident from bottom right image of the second page of the guideline showing it as tagged similar to the meter. He offered to be present if I get the ESBN fella out and any wiring they won't do, he is more than happy to wire it up (I'm not sure if it is that simple).

So now I'm kinda stuck in the middle and not sure what to do. If I call ESBN back, it would be as if nothing has changed and I'll be back to square one but on the other hand EV installer said there is nothing wrong.

I'm at a loss and hoping someone here more knowledgeable (or has the a day and night meter with EV changer) to tell me what is wrong and who is responsible for the said isolator when you got your meter change.

Anyone here can help diagnose the problem for me?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Post edited by 2011 on

Comments

Advertisement