Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SuperSaver BoI

Options
  • 30-08-2023 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I’ve received an iban and BIC code, but no login information by post, email or text. I’m new new to this service. How do I view my account?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You can add your Super Saver account to be viewed on your App. You can add your account to profile yourself if it is not added to your profile as of yet. Please see attached how you can add your account to your 365 profile.

Add accounts to view online - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Thanks, Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Given that the interest rate is currently fixed for 12 months at 2.0% it might be worth considering closing it (depending on T&Cs) and reopening it next week when the rate increases to 3.0% on 8 September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm amazed that anybody has a BOI savings account at all. We enquired in BOI Stillorgan only to be old that the "savings account advisors" were booked up for the next 3 weeks and that there is only one of these people for 5 to 7 branches, so we'll need to wait.

But yet when we asked about creating an account for a child we were told that all of that had to be done online...

I dunno.

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us.

The interest rate is set to be increased on the 8th of September. The interest rate is set to be increased to 3% (previously 2%) for the initial 12 month period. After the initial 12 months a rate of 2% (previously 1%) will apply on balances up to €30,000. This is available for new and existing customers. Existing customers do not need to take any action as the new rate will be automatically applied to the account.

Thanks, Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thanks Sarah for confirming that. Good to know, as a ‘fixed rate’ would imply that the rate is locked in for the 12 month period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ~lou~

Hi Sarah,

I don’t have a 365 profile nor do I have any other accounts with BoI. so how do I view the super saver?

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us

You will need a Current Account with us to avail of Online Banking for your SuperSaver Account.

Please contact the team on 0818 365 365 if you wish to discuss your balance.

The team is available weekdays 9AM-5PM, and Saturdays 10AM-2PM. Thanks, Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Could you advise what interest rate will apply after the amount reaches above €30,000 in a super saver account please?

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

To discuss this further, please contact our dedicated savings team on 0818 365 254. Interest rate information would be out of our remit here.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Hi There,

I also received an iban and BIC code, but no login information by post, email or text for a supersaver account.

I have tried to add the account to my 365 account but it is asking for an 8 digit account number, where do I find that 8 digit account number?

I only was sent an Iban & Bic by text message, no other correspondence yet, set the account up 3 weeks ago.

thank you!

• Advertisement

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us.

You can add your account to be viewable on your BOI App. You will need your account number which is the last 8 digits of your IBAN. Please see attached how you can add your account to your profile. It can take up to 5 business days for your account to appear on your profile when you request this.

Add accounts to view online - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Thanks, Sarah

Advertisement