Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Become secondary teacher with MA in Applied Linguistics?

Options
  • 30-08-2023 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Thanks in advance for any help or info.

I have been living abroad and teaching English for about 12 years. I have mainly taught English as a foreign language, academic writing, technical writing in universities. I have not worked in a secondary school before but I have taught a lot of teenagers in private language schools or in universities.

For the past 5 years I have been lecturing in academic writing in German universities.

I would like to return to Ireland and become a secondary school teacher. I have an MA in Applied Linguistics, which focuses on how to teach and learn languages.

I can speak French and German fluently so I think I could teach English, French and/or German.

So, my question: would I have to complete a two-year masters in order to teach in Ireland or should I be able to transfer over from German 3rd level into Irish secondary?

Comments

Advertisement