Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilfra svart grinder different output levels

Options
  • 30-08-2023 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Maybe this is a dumb assumption but I've set my grinder to grind for about ten seconds. This gives me enough grinds to use in my filter coffee maker.. trouble is I don't get the same amount each time, even though I top up the grinder basket each morning.

Should it grind the same amount given the time is same each day? The grinder basket never runs dry. I always have more that required.

Cheers,

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Grinding timer never gives you same results, it is just the way it is. Beans are not the same size ,shape , weight or density; coffee hopper could be full or half full and this will impact grinding amount too.

Some grinders have integrated scales, that would be different story ( Baratza Sette 270W etc)

Don’t bother with the timer , just grind on demand ( or use single dose grinding method)

Advertisement