Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Salary

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I was more referring to a friend group where for the most part knowing their salary won't be of any real benefit to you.

In work itself all I've ever see it do is make people fall out with each other. Which is even more bizarre.

Nothing sets colleagues off more than someone telling them they earn more for the same job.

Everyone seems to think two people doing the same job should get paid the same. Rampant in the public sector. Maybe it's more suitable there as they're mostly all as incompetent and lazy as each other.

In the private sector rarely are two people the exact same. Be it experience, Education, Competence level, work ethic etc.

I think overtime you should have a fairly good grasp of your worth in the industry you're in. That's what I ask for when joining a new company. If I come in a bit less so be it. But if I get what I want. I'm happy regardless of what others are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

What year is it ffs.

It's not like she's sitting at home on a Friday ironing my clothes waiting for me to come in from the pub so I can hand over her "wages"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I would see it as two people who are independently wealthy enough that they don't need to know what the other is on.

Advertisement