Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear4music

Options
  • 30-08-2023 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Anyone bought musical instruments from gear4music.? What are they like. They don't take PayPal. Experiences appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i bought a self assembly bass guitar kit from them; it was missing some screws, and one or two other small items. they suggested sending the entire thing back, but i told them that'd be silly, and said if they refunded me €15 i'd consider it sorted. they were happy to do that, that would have covered the cost of the return delivery alone i'd say. so all in all, a positive experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry James

Thanks. As they don't take PayPal is there any one off virtual visa I can get. I don't want to pay a monthly fee for the virtual card.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rpirl

They do take PayPal - you'll see it there when you're ready to pay for the order

Recently ordered from them, item was shipping from UK and arrived very quick, ordered a Wednesday evening and they were ready to deliver it on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

They're generally good, but I did find they'll list an item as in stock only to find that their delivery dates get pushed because its apparently out of stock. Might be fine so long as you're not in a rush.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bought a small amp and cabinet off them, arrived in fairly reasonable time, no complaints from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

I’m looking at drum kit there

SIite down as an .ie (Irish) but it’s a UK company

Im a bit worried about Customs messing up a delivery from UK

got burnt before by a company that had an .ie domain ( and many other European countries ) that dispatched from China

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

They have a warehouse on Jamestown Road in Dublin now so there are no issues with VAT or customs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

No issues at all, especially if the gear ships from finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

Advertisement